Strategic Initiatives Director
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We make it rewarding to deliver FUN!
We're Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, one of the largest regional
amusement-resort operators in the world with 13 parks in North
The Strategic Initiatives Director will oversee a broad set of
strategic initiatives, coordinating a mix of internal and external
resources via a "program management office" approach and will
provide ongoing support for the next phase of operating model and
organizational design work. This role will have oversight of all
major strategic initiatives as deemed by the executive team.
The position will report directly to the Senior Vice President of
Strategy and will be located at our Corporate Office in Charlotte,
North Carolina. Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead of a "program management office" to implement
and oversee internal governance across multiple strategic
initiatives, including establishing a rigorous structure and
internal change management plan (charters, steering committees,
working teams, communication program, etc.).
- Provide leadership across cross-functional teams to define and
achieve measurable goals and timelines while delivering support,
analysis and research for each strategic initiative. Serve as point
of contact for external project resources such as management
consulting firms, project managers and other subject matter
- Drive ongoing communications and regular status updates to
executive team and key stakeholders while working with
communications lead on integrated messaging and communication
timelines for the broader organization.
- Establish and manage a process for the prioritization and
timing of strategic initiatives and the overall company-wide
timeline for execution.
- Provide ongoing support to functional leaders (HR, Recruiting,
IT, Operations, etc.) to refine and implement the new operating
model and manage associated organizational design needs. Serve as
central point of information on estimating and tracking P&L
implications and provide information to executive leadership to
help better inform decision-making.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Admin or
- 7-10 years of total work experience, including 3-5 years of
management consulting experience
- Experience with organizational design, change management,
process reengineering, and/or program management
- 3-5 years of direct leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to address complex problems with
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Available to travel up to 20% PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- MBA strongly preferred
- Experience leading a major cross-functional initiative as an
internal company resource.
We offer a generous benefits package to our employees including
medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) with match, retirement
savings plan, Paid Time Off, wellness programs, FREE Admissions to
ALL of our Cedar Fair Parks, and much more!
Keywords: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, Charlotte , Strategic Initiatives Director, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!