Senior Project Manager
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Posted on: April 10, 2021
US-GA-AtlantaReq No. 2021-7563Category ProfessionalType
We are seeking a talented Senior Project Manager to plan, organize,
lead and control cross-functional product or information technology
projects that are large to extra-large in scope and impact.
- This position is temporarily-remote. That means that this
position is currently remote due to COVID. However, once we
transition back into the office, the manager would prefer for this
person to work in the physical office.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Leads and manages project lifecycle phases for multiple complex
projects initiatives which could share the same delivery
- Establishes clarity on the project scope and develops project
plans based on the work breakdown structure derived from the
project requirements for all project assignments (includes, but is
not limited to new client conversions, existing client projects,
custom development projects, new product development launch
projects, and internal initiatives).
- Delivers effective, accurate, and consistent communication to
project teams, management, external clients, and vendors; leads
project teams of 20 to 40 people.
- Facilitates and leads project resources through the work
breakdown process to define tasks, durations, effort, and
dependencies to establish a solid implementation schedule.
- Drives the project team (including client and their vendors) to
deliver based on the established schedule and ensure quality
standards for the project are met.
- Work with team to create project charter including: definition
of project scope and deliverables; identification of project goals
and milestones; development of project plans and budgets.
- Work with technology leaders to identify project resources and
- Assemble project team members; assign individual
responsibilities; lead team meetings.
- Oversee completion of project tasks, manage conflicts within
group and escalate risks/issues as needed.
- Coordinate the work of technical professionals and other staff
across other functions and disciplines.
- Apply generally accepted project management methodology and
enforce project standards.
- Maintain project documentation; ensure project documents are
complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Prepare and disseminate project reports and communications;
communicate with EIS team, project sponsors, functional area
managers and/or consultants regarding status of specific
- Monitor and report on project budget.
- Lead post-mortem project reviews.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban,
as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team
Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to
help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the
spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with
emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations
and feedback loops.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science
plus eight to ten years project management experience, or
equivalent training and/or experience.
- 2-5 years of project and/or technical delivery in the financial
- Working knowledge of agile and waterfall SDLC's.
- Working knowledge of an enterprise project management tool,
such as Planview PPM Pro or Clarity.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Working knowledge of an ALM tool, such as Microsoft ADO.
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry and
- Expertise in standard software packages, such as Microsoft
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication
- Can demonstrate excellent negotiation and interpersonal
- Can demonstrate excellent change management leadership
- Can demonstrate expertise in presentations and executive
communications utilizing PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills and the
ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving
solutions to completion.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and manage multiple
tasks/projects simultaneously, while meeting demanding
- Understanding of and support for generally accepted project
management standards and methodology.
- Ability to lead individuals of all levels and varying technical
- Team player.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands with a
- PMI Certification is a plus.
- ITIL Trained is a plus.
- Agile Trained is a plus.
- 3-4 years in credit/debit/prepaid card experience
- Working knowledge of the FDR, STAR, FIS or other payment
industry processing systems preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce;
ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve;
cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to
their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive
environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an
organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the
credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's
commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends
beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Charlotte , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!