Development Director - Multifamily
Company: Gilbane Building Company
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Development Director - Multifamily in Arlington, Virginia -
Careers at Arlington Office Skip Branding Skip to content Gilbane
- Build Your Career
- Current Openings
- Build Your Career
- Interns & Recent Graduates
- Experienced Professionals
- International Opportunities
- Military Veterans
- Craft Workers
- Family First
- Helping You Live Well
- Building World-Class Facilities
- Our Culture
- Serving the Community
- Gilbane Building Company LinkedIn
- Gilbane Development Company LinkedIn ----Gilbane Careers, 2020
- All Rights Reserved
- Site Map
- LCA Notice
- Accessibility Development Director - Multifamily in Arlington,
Virginia - Careers at Arlington Office Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Development Director - Multifamily Job
Locations US-VA-Arlington - US-NC-Charlotte - US-GA-Atlanta
Requisition ID 2021-4530 Category Business Development Company :
Name Gilbane Development Company Overview Great opportunity within
a fast-growing business platform at a well-established development
company! Gilbane Development Company is seeking an experienced
Development Manager within our multifamily platform. The
Development Manager will be responsible for overall project
execution on assigned projects. The scope of responsibilities
includes managing for compliance with the business plan all aspects
of the development process including due diligence, feasibility,
programming, design, entitlements, financing, construction,
marketing, sales and/or leasing oversight, completion and opening,
warranty and closeout. The Development Director will typically work
on two to four projects simultaneously. The Development Manager
must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-task
environment with competing priorities and multiple project
assignments. As this assignment matures, the Development Manager
will help identify and pursue other real estate opportunities.
- Work with Development Director as opportunities are being
secured in order to efficiently take over project as it transitions
- Assist in project underwriting including market research,
entitlement review and basic project programing / feasibility
- Manage the due diligence process: planning, design,
entitlement/approval, construction, commissioning and leasing
coordination for entire project, including selection of (and
coordination among) attorneys, architects, engineers, contractors,
- Manage the overall development process, serving as day-to-day
liaison with design/construction team, clients, and other
stakeholders, at all times conveying a sense of urgency coupled
with spirit of partnering so as to motivate individuals and
encourage teamwork. Work to keep scope and cost in balance while
meeting schedule and quality objectives. Oversee cost
management/reporting. Prepare monthly reports to internal
management and external clients.
- Participate and collaborate with operations/marketing team
during construction/delivery period; ensure follow-up with
appropriate parties as needed with issues that arise.
- Manage the procurement of easements, entitlements, off site
agreements and permits.
- Manage the selection and performance of project design and
- Manage comprehensive tracking of project data for required
reporting: construction progress, budget tracking, sales and/or
leasing status, periodic market updates.
- Research and track latest industry trends as directed or
required for assigned projects.
- Provide knowledge and guidance to design team during design to
foster a high quality project which can be delivered
- Establish budgets for design and construction during each phase
of development which align with business plan.
- Drive successful implementation of development processes from
inception through completion, providing single point of project
accountability for Gilbane Development Company.
- Maintain highest standards in client care, in keeping with
Gilbane's core values.
- Travel is required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum in real estate development
related field (i.e. Engineering, Architecture, Construction,
Finance, Law, Economics).
- Minimum 5-6 years real estate development work experience.
- High degree of organizational skills and problem-solving
ability; specifically the ability to work as a self-starter.
- Attention to details and ability to execute them at a high
level without excess supervision.
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and
project goals with sense of urgency.
- Collaborative approach and respectful relationship style with
members of the neighborhoods within which we work as well as
colleagues, consultants and third party trade partners.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
particularly to clients at the senior executive level.
- Strong business aptitude and common sense.
- High degree of problem spotting and resolution ability. The
Development Manager needs to plan and "see the deal" from concept
to completion while it is still just an idea and maintain that
focus, anticipation, discipline and rigor through to
- Strong relevant computer skills.
- Maintain memberships and participate in organizations and
events. Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package
which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a
generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees'
education and have built Gilbane University into a top training
organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who
are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse
test. Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party
recruiters at this time. Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
disability status. Options Apply for this job online Apply Share
Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Need help finding
the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click
here to get started. Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Gilbane Building Company, Charlotte , Development Director - Multifamily, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!