SENIOR DIRECTOR- NETWORK SERVICES
Company: Compass Group Poland Sp. z o.o.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
This notification relates to the possible collection of Personal
Information upon entry to any Compass Group workplace or facility
for the purposes of protecting our associates and customers from
the risk/spread of COVID-19. This collection might include medical
and health information, specifically your body temperature and
whether you have or display certain symptoms of COVID-19, whether
you have recently been in contact with anyone with symptoms of or
who has tested positive for COVID-19, and whether you have recently
traveled to area subject to Travel Advisory by the U.S. State
Department. The Company will maintain this information under
conditions of confidentiality. As the leading foodservice and
support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great
people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry
and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's
delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000
associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes,
hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our
reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new
opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today! great
people. great services. great results. Each and every individual
plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know
the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and
attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we
continue to raise the bar. #Compass_Corporate Summary The Sr.
Director of Network Services is responsible for the ongoing
operation and support of the organization's network and telecom
services. This position leads, and serves as a member of, a team
charged with configuring, and maintaining the network to support
the connectivity needs of the corporate campus and sector offices
that span over 100 remote sites and hybrid cloud footprint. As a
member of the Enterprise Platform Services' Senior Leadership Team,
the Sr. Director of Network Services reports to the VP of
Enterprise Platform Services and is charged to understand the
goals/objectives of the department, and to provide clear leadership
and coaching to ensure that all members of the team understand
their roles/responsibilities and are positioned for success.
- Typically, 15+ years experience AWS Cloud networking Direct
connect, AWS transit gateway, VPN Voice & enterprise network Cisco,
F5 background Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and solutions oriented thinking
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to change
Essential Job Functions
- -- Serve as Service Owner for Network and Telecom services. --
Develop strategic plans for Network and Telecom services -- Develop
and manage budget for Network and Telecom services -- Oversee
operational support of Network and Telecom services. -- Provide
hands-on systems design and architecture leadership for Network and
Telecom services. -- Provide technical leadership to the Network
Services team. -- Accountable for the operational stability and
sustainability of Network and Telecom services. -- Architect and
provide operational oversight for monitoring of Network and Telecom
services. -- Design documentation standards for Network and Telecom
services -- Oversee backups of network and telecommunications
infrastructure. -- Schedule and oversee regular (at least
quarterly) backup restores of network and telecommunications
infrastructure. -- Schedule and oversee regular (at least annually)
disaster recovery testing of network and telecommunications
infrastructure. -- Manage vendor/supplier relationships. -- Assess
M&A targets for integration Leadership / Coaching
- Actively look for opportunities to provide leadership across
- Take a leadership role in setting and ensuring that members of
the team understand Team, Departmental and STG Goals, Strategies
- Model ability and willingness to share ideas with Associates,
peers and management.
- Foster and create a coaching culture, provide feedback to
Associates, peers and management.
- Serve as a mentor to provide coaching and technical guidance to
Managers, Teams and Associates across the Organization.
- Break Team goals into manageable plans and assign activities to
team members with defined timelines.
- Provide leadership/guidance to ensure completion of assigned
activities within defined timelines.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and set an example for
colleagues and Department.
- Attend regular VP status meetings and be engaged in meeting
discussions and strategic planning.
- Hold regular (at least bi-weekly) Management Team meetings to
provide transparency in Team and Departmental
- Hold regular (at least monthly) one-on-one sessions with direct
reports to provide coaching and feedback (positive and
constructive) to support individual Associate and team professional
- Hold regular (at least every 6 months) personnel reviews and
provide feedback (positive and constructive) to support individual
Associate and team professional development.
- Hold regular (at least quarterly) Team meetings that include VP
of I&O to ensure clarity of goals and departmental
transparency. Consultancy / Customer Service -- Promote and lead
cross department collaboration in problem analysis, solution
identification, implementation, and delivery activities. --
Collaborate with IT teams and end users to lead efforts to
understand project requirements and recommend sustainable solutions
that meet defined business needs. -- Mentor and lead EPS Teams to
help develop consultancy and customer service skills. -- Lead
vendor/product assessments to map to defined business needs and
perform ROI and Cost Benefit analysis. -- Recommend potential
product, service and process opportunities by collecting customer
requirements, analyzing business needs and accounting for budgetary
constraints. -- Actively challenge EPS Teams to identify
opportunities to enhance organizational efficiency. -- Build
sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive
communication. Planning & Organization
- Understand and be able to communicate STG Strategic Goals as
identified by the CIO and communicated by the VP of I&O.
- Understand and be able to communicate Departmental Strategic
Goals as identified by the VP of I&O.
- Understand and be able to communicate daily, weekly, monthly
and annual personal, Team and Departmental Goals as assigned by VP
- Plan daily, weekly, monthly and annual individual, Team and
Departmental work activities in alignment with established/defined
- Execute against approved daily, weekly, monthly and annual
plans and keep leadership informed of work status/progress.
- Monitor status/progress against approved Team daily, weekly,
monthly and annual plans and keep leadership informed.
- Lead teams in accounting for the Triple Constraint (Scope, Time
and Cost) across all project planning activities.
- Independently manage assigned tasks and project components to
complete within established timelines.
- Identify and communicate potential business impacts when
planning changes to production systems.
- Provide guidance/coaching to I&O Teams to help them enhance
the efficiency/effectiveness of their work plans.
- Participate with management and technical teams to establish
appropriate project timelines to deliver sustainable solutions
within approved time and budget parameters.
- Demonstrate accountability and provide leadership for physical
and logical security/integrity, sustainability, disaster recovery
and business continuity in planning for all projects. Information
Processing & Decision Making
- Actively look to maximize existing investments and leverage
existing systems to solve identified business problems.
- Actively identify and lead efforts to automate repetitive
- Identify potential impacts of new systems/processes or changes
to existing systems/processes and provide technical expertise to
ensure operational reliability.
- Lead cross Departmental teams to apply critical thinking to
identify and mitigate risk in the areas of security (physical and
logical), sustainability, budgetary constraints, disaster recovery
and business continuity measures in all solutions.
- Lead Team and collaborate with cross functional teams, project
teams, and institutional leadership teams in root problem analysis,
solution identification, implementation, and delivery
- Lead Team to collaborate with IT teams and internal and
external customers to understand project requirements and recommend
sustainable solutions that meet defined business needs within
established budgetary constraints.
- Evaluate vendor solutions against defined functional/business
needs, cost, and implementation and support factors. Communications
- Interpret meaning and importance of information and determine
appropriate need and method for keeping team members,
customers/stakeholders, and management informed.
- Communicate clearly to technical and non-technical users.
- Take a leadership role in developing Departmental documentation
standards and processes and oversee compliance to established
- Keep project, communication, testing, and training
documentation updated using defined standards within 3 business
days of approved changes.
- Lead Team to ensure systems and processes are documented in
accordance with defined standards within 3 business days of
- Be engaged and participate in individual discussions, project
and team meetings.
- Take a leadership role in developing polices and standards.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and lead cross
Departmental efforts to diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Actively partner with the User Support Services (USS) Director
to identify common issues and lead Team to develop appropriate
documentation, training, and automation to reduce customer support
times and empower USS Associates to resolve issues without
- Establish working partnerships with IT teams and external
partners to lead problem resolution for operational issues, and
analyze root cause issues to address underlying infrastructure
- Lead Single Point of Failure identification and prioritization
efforts, communicate risks to Sr. Management and take a leadership
role in developing mitigation strategies.
- Lead problem solving exercises by understanding the current
state, conducting root problem analysis, solution identification,
and then planning implementation and delivery activities.--
- Develop "as is" and "to be" diagrams to visually represent
challenges, risks, and opportunities for improvements.
- Ensure that the team creates tickets for 100% of support
- Monitor Team tickets/issues to ensure compliance with
established support standards.
- Acknowledge assigned issues in alignment with established SLAs
but no longer than within 1 business day to communicate to users
that the issue has been assigned and identify the steps and
timeline that will be taken to pursue resolution.
- Lead the team to resolve most assigned issues within 3 business
- In the event an issue cannot be resolved within 3 business
days, provide customer updates at least weekly to manage customer
expectations and communicate the steps and timeline that will be
taken to pursue resolution.
- Serve as an escalation point for Departmental teams and team
- Serve as backup for VP of I&O when unavailable.
- Use sound judgement to determine the need to escalate
issues/tickets to management awareness. Compass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all
Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. For
current Hourly associates, please use your 8-digit personnel number
for your username and password (returning users enter previously
Keywords: Compass Group Poland Sp. z o.o., Charlotte , SENIOR DIRECTOR- NETWORK SERVICES, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!