Director of Operations - Food Production
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director of Operations - Food Production Charlotte, North
Carolina, United States Type: Permanent
Experience: Executive Management (SVP, VP, Department Head,
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Category: Operations Management
Industry: Consumer Products and Services / Food Products &
Company: Management Recruiters of Edison
Salary: $120,000 to $150,000 + Bonus + Relocation assistance
Reference ID: OZHbdT
Date Posted: 01/28/2021
A growing fresh prepared food company with 18K people worldwide is
looking for a Director of Operations - Production at their plant in
Charlotte, NC. Excellent salary + Bonus + Benefits + Sign on Bonus
for relocation. Job Posting #: 2300 Job Title: Director of
Operations - Food Production Location: Charlotte, NC Overnight
Travel: 5 % Compensation: Salary $120k - $150k + Bonus (target 20%)
Relocation: A sign-on Bonus will be provided for relocation
assistance if needed.
Company Info: Our client is a premier producer of fresh prepared
foods with 18K people at 48 sites worldwide in 3 countries in US,
UK & China. They have 5 plants in the USA. Group Info: Manage the
following departments - Manufacturing, Sanitation, Inventory,
Safety, Maintenance, planning, warehouse, etc. consisting of around
150 people. This reports directly to the General Manager of the
plant with 200+ people Job Summary:--
- The Director of Operations has overall responsibility for
development and delivery of the operations strategy to achieve
sustainable business growth, and profitability.--
- The Director's primary responsibilities are to maintain a safe
regulatory compliant working environment and to achieve overall
business objectives including: safety, quality, delivery,
productivity, and lean directives, as set forth by the
- The Director of Operations plays a key role in creating,
communicating, supporting, and owning the operational vision and
goals of the business.--
- This position manages multiple departments including safety,
production, sanitation, warehousing, materials handling, and
- Provides strategic and day to day operational leadership within
a manufacturing facility to ensure the site meets the performance
standards pertaining to customer service levels, employee health
and safety, food safety, efficiency and productivity; as well as
other KPI's designed for the operations structure.--
- Functions as a leader in all the team development initiatives
and mentors the team in order to lead them to operational
excellence.-- Job Description:
- Management of fresh prepared foods manufacturing facility in a
dynamic, cost sensitive market with short lead-times,
customer-specific requirements and complex regulatory
- Drives people performance through skills development,
engagement and a culture of coaching and mentoring.
- Manages operating costs within functional areas; is proactive
in intervening and finding solutions to operational and labor over
- Oversees plant management team on labor issues including
safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training,
- Enables managers, supervisors and leads to effectively
performance manage and ensures adherence to company policy and
administering policies in fair and equitable manner.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises colleagues effectively.
Leads, coaches and mentors team to reach exceptional
- Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in
accordance with company policy.
- Acts as the Safety Champion ensuring all Health and Safety
programs/standards are met.
- Responsible for all manufacturing overhead and direct labor
costs in the P&L related to Production, maintenance and
- Works close with the General manger to drive towards
Operational and Manufacturing excellence and overall business
- Participates in the development of operational budgets, as well
as an annual plan to address capital expenditures. Manages budget
and controls expenses effectively.
- Actively participates in plant engineering projects and
conducts feasibility studies regarding plant operations, equipment,
facilities, and personnel. Makes recommendations for continuous
improvement and cost reductions.
- Contributes to the management of financial control processes
and systems in order to facilitate delivering the results in labor
and equipment efficiencies as well as the different areas in the
supply change system.
- Develops and sustains rapport with other members of the
management team pertaining to Health and Safety, Food Safety,
Supply Chain, Commercialization and Finance.
- Has the ability to function under highly stressful conditions
and interact respectfully with co-workers to accomplish common
- ---Responsible for oversight of the plant's Food Safety &
Quality Management Systems. Candidate Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Operations Management, Industrial
Engineering or related field
- Min. 8 years of Director level role in a FDA regulated
manufacturing plant over 150 people
- Experience in a food manufacturing plant
- Experience in leading and implementing Total Performance
Management (TPM) or Manufacturing Excellence applying lean
methodologies within a food production environment.
- A proven record of accomplishment in leading an organization
through significant, profitable growth for a sustained period of
- Experience in managing multiple functions of the operation
including Safety, Production, Sanitation, Maintenance, Warehousing,
and Inventory Control.
- Adept in Microsoft Office systems and applications-- Candidate
Nice to Have:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification.
- A Master's in Business Administration.
- RTE /RTH - Ready to Eat / Ready to Heat food industry
- Experience with USDA, Fresh prepared food Industry Keywords:
Food, Operations Production Management, TPM, Maintenance,
Warehouse, Safety, Sanitation, Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma Black
Belt, RTH, RTE, Fresh Food, Food Safety, FDA, USDA, Director, Food
Keywords: MRINetwork, Charlotte , Director of Operations - Food Production, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!