Access Management Operations Engineer
Company: Allstate Insurance
Posted on: September 15, 2020
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're
moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking
bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why
now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a
corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you'll
have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic
industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the
status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest
ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity,
inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower
every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work
and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one
team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to
protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their
hopes and dreams. For 89 years we've thrived by staying a step
ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind
no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to
advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We
help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial
empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing
sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more
recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We
don't follow the trends. We set them.
We are open to qualified candidates in the following markets to
work from our Allstate strategic local offices: Charlotte, NC;
Dallas / Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ.
The Access Management Operations Engineer designs, develops, and
deploys portions of cloud and local systems, applications, and
technical solutions to provide and maintain cybersecurity for the
organization technology architecture and products.
* Provide application support during respective shift in the Follow
the Sun model
* Participate in Enterprise Command Center resolution and Incident
related calls with client application areas
* Deep dive troubleshoot issues within defined SLAs for the ISAM
* Change and Release Management Responsibilities: Manage Changes
required for the execution of Infrastructure Tasks via the Allstate
Change Management process (representation at all review meetings;
* Create new or optimize existing scripts for generation and
distribution of Consumption and Capacity reports (CPU, memory,
* Manage documentation related to Infrastructure processes and
* Responsible for Performance testing and documentation of test
* Responsible for execution of Operational and day to day
efforts/tasks via scripts and documented procedures for the
Infrastructure, including patching, updates, onboarding and fixes
for the environment
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science or equivalent
* 2 - 3 Years Identity and Access Management Support Experience
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* Working knowledge of any Access Management product (Preferably
ISAM and Auth0 or like product)
* Working knowledge of any Federations product (Specifically SAML
* Knowledge of Web based applications including:
* Browsers, headers and http/https protocols
* Cookies and cookie handling
* SSL and certificates
* OAuth, SAML, xml and attribute handling
* ITIL knowledge (Incident Management, Problem Management, Change
Management and Release Management)
* Working knowledge of Networking (DNS, Load Balancers,
* Working knowledge of Unix and RHEL 6/7 LINUX platforms
* Hardware performance and capacity commands
* Text editors (commands, etc)
* Log Reviews - ability to identify errors/issues and
* Understanding of PowerShell and UNIX Shell scripting
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* Scripting: PowerShell, UNIX Shell scripting
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Ability to work with clients and technical staff to assist in
Root Cause Analysis
* Work well under pressure and timelines to produce results
* Analytical skill set and insight for "connecting the dots" when
troubleshooting application issues via error messages, log reviews
and anecdotal details provided
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit
to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands--.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a
competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total
Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance,
medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and
401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to
help you balance your work and personal life -- including a
generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for
employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA)
1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a
discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a
prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by
refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a
veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the
Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information
regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information
regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified
individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a
veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Keywords: Allstate Insurance, Charlotte , Access Management Operations Engineer, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!