Americas Financial Crimes Transaction Monitoring Team, Vice President
Posted on: March 28, 2020
DescriptionAre you passionate about creating an exceptional
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial
group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that
matter most to our clients. We have our clients? best interest in
mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand
their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We?re part of
180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world?s most
trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting
people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join
Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results
Reporting into the Americas Head of Financial Crimes Transaction
Monitoring, this new position has been created for the purpose of
establishing FCOA IA -TM Transaction Monitoring capabilities.
One of several key positions in the new Americas Financial Crimes
Division Operations function, this position will be responsible for
(1) helping to identify AML detection scenarios, (2) provide
analytics support for developing, tuning, optimizing and modifying
segmentation to improve transaction monitoring? (3) customer
segmentation (4) helping to coordinate the implementation of
scenarios, which detect financial crime and (5) create statically
representative samples to ensure that risk is not missed below the
threshold.? The incumbent is responsible for supporting leadership
to enable continuing improvement to the transaction monitoring
capabilities and further mitigate potential financial crime.?
?Major Responsibilities: In connection with the Global Financial
Crimes program ?
- Develop mathematical or statistical theory to interpret
transactional, customer data to??? monitor their activity
- Identify relationships and trends of historical transactional
data for clustering for AML transaction monitoring
- Analyze the clusters/relationships and present the information
to Senior Managers in the data visualization tools
- Create statistical representative samples for ATL/BTL testing
in order to validate that the transaction monitoring model is
effective and functioning accordingly.??
- Process large amount of data for statistical modeling and
- Perform model validation, memorializing model selection
rationales and defined assumptions.
- Develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and
analytical methods in order to monitor new typologies and emerging
- Develop data mining methodologies, including logistic
regression, random forest, xgboost and Bayesian networks?
- Help develop of models involving tuning, calibration,
segmentation and optimization.
- Support the development of policies and procedures for AML
transaction monitoring life cycle, including reviews of scenario
validation, segmentation and optimization tools.
- Support large strategic optimization and segmentation program
to enhance and tune MUFG?s Americas AML Transaction Monitoring
- Recommend customer segmentation and optimization for MUFG?s
Americas AML monitoring system across multiple lines of
- Coordinate with regional/Global Intelligence & Analytics teams
to implement on the Americas model.
- Work collaboratively across functional teams within FCOA-IA to
ensure effective and efficient operations with clearly defined
roles and responsibilities.
- 7 or more years? experience designing, analyzing, testing
and/or?validating BSA/AML models.
- Familiarity of current compliance rules and regulations of the
FRB, SEC, OCC, FATF, FinCEN, OFAC, and familiarity with USA PATRIOT
Act, BSA/AML and OFAC screening regulations.??
- Prior experience designing compliance program tuning and
configuration methodologies, including what-if detection scenario
analytics, excess over threshold, and sampling above/below-the-line
- Proven track record of strong quantitative testing and
statistical analysis techniques as it pertains to BSA/AML models,
including name similarity matching, classification accuracy
testing, unsupervised/supervised machine learning, neural networks,
fuzzy logic matching, decision trees, etc.
- Knowledge of mathematics particularly statistics.?
- Ability to code using SAS or R or Python.?
- Ability to solve problems through mathematical and deductive
- Familiarity implementing, testing or evaluating performance of
financial crime and compliance systems.?
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following programming
platforms: SAS, R, Python, SQL, VBA, etc.
- Familiarity with vendor models like SAS-AML, Actimize SAM/WLF,
SearchSpace, RDC, Bridger Insight.
- Strong knowledge about model risk management and associated
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, mathematics,
statistics,?quantitative analysis, economics or related field is
required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience interacting with the Executive Committee Leadership,
control function leadership, and compliance subject matter
- Proven excellence in execution in complex and demanding
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication
- Systemic thinker across enterprise
- Process oriented coupled with a strong ability to develop
appropriate program enhancing strategies
- Detail-oriented and organized execution
- Executive level presentation skills?
- An Enterprise Risk Management perspectiveAdditional Skills:
- Experience interfacing with banking regulators and enforcement
- Thorough understanding of an effective financial crimes risk
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- The ability to interact effectively at all levels of the
organization, including Bank staff, management, directors and
- Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own
- Ability to work with teams of project managers
- Solid judgment, strong negotiating skills, and a practical
approach to implementation ? including knowledge of Bank
- Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best
interests of the Bank and its customers??
- Ability to prepare analytical reports and visual representation
- Ability to apply mathematical principles or statistical
approaches where needed to solve problems.? ?
- Master?s degree in Business Administration
- Master?s or Doctoral degree in Statistics.The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of
personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as
the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of
violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
Keywords: MUFG, Charlotte , Americas Financial Crimes Transaction Monitoring Team, Vice President, Executive , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!