Engineer, Security Solutions: Electronic & Physical Security Integration
Posted on: August 17, 2019
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services
across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single
fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand
products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate
annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our
commitment to professional growth and employee development, let
AFL"Connect" you to your next career opportunity!
The Physical Security Systems Engineer will be responsible for
accurately engineering, designing, and estimating enterprise grade
intrusion, access control, video surveillance, and supporting
subsystems while adhering to classic project constraints. As a
Security Systems Engineer you must work closely with account
executives, operations personnel, and end users who rely on your
technical expertise to design adequate systems and have general
knowledge of industry standards to assure compliance. You will
attend planning meetings and site visits, take responsibility to
create technical installation packages including a detail scope of
work, and submit required material lists to purchasing for
procurement of associated components; all while meeting company,
customer, and industry standards.
Only local candidates will be considered.
Make a move and expand your opportunities, take your career to the
next level with AFL. We've enjoyed a rich history of innovation and
success through a commitment to our team members and customers.
Now, we're poised to lead with state-of-the-art security solutions
and a real-time response to threats that impact personnel safety
and asset protection. We offer a competitive compensation, a
comprehensive benefits package, a company vehicle, continued
professional development, and outstanding advancement
- Acquire all pertinent information from customer, contractor,
- Provide a technical interpretation to ensure adequate
representation of requirements
- Review technical specifications, providing feedback on
completeness and functionality
- Collaborate with team to develop best approaches, value, and
pricing on complex projects
- Assist in the compiling of quantities/costs affecting general
- Perform detailed takeoffs and review detailed scope of work
- Prepare lists of subcontractors/suppliers confirmed to be
bidding on project
- Create and depict these systems accurately in Visio/CAD format
- Assist project management team in planning meetings,
familiarize with assumptions
- Maintain excellent relationship with subcontractors/suppliers,
periodically promote projects
- Become familiar in usage and maintenance of all estimating
- Follow up on projects prior to installation to ensure quality
- Maintain and support corporate values, policies and procedures,
and safety standards
- Receive continuing education as necessary for licensing
- Train and support team members with lower classifications
- Perform additional functions deemed within general skill and
- Analytical Thinking- Exceptional ability to analyze data and
utilize it to make sound decision
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills - Build consensus,
anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused- Ability to organize and manage multiple, and
at time competing priorities
- Communication Skills- Demonstrate communication skills, both
verbal and nonverbal, to help facilitate the sharing of information
between people within the company and our clients.
- Relationship building skills- ability to work within a dynamic
team setting and provide role model leadership to AFL workforce
- Must have 3+ years of direct industry experience.
- Thorough knowledge of security system design and integration,
including basic signal flow, system functionality, and best
- Must have knowledge of UL, NFPA, NEC, and building
- Must have a thorough knowledge of construction and electrical
wiring, as well as a strong comprehension of blueprints.
- A demonstrated proficiency in network based systems is
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and follow
- Valid Drivers License
- Use of standard office equipment and small hand tools
- Finger and wrist dexterity and hand/eye coordination
- Confined sitting
- Necessary vision to work with small, detailed diagrams and
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, lift up to 50 lbs., and drive a
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio, and
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Job is usually performed indoor environments under controlled
- Ability to accept periodic assignments that involve travel away
from immediate district office area based on client needs, business
needs and project scope.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But
ability to provide support during and outside regular business
hours is required.
- Regional travel required.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
Keywords: AFL, Charlotte , Engineer, Security Solutions: Electronic & Physical Security Integration, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!