Sr. Cloud Security Engineer
Company: Request Technology, LLC
Posted on: February 15, 2019
***We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role***A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Cloud Security Engineer. This individual will be doing all around enterprise design and building cloud security solutions and cloud infrastructure. They need to have experience with GIT, Jenkins, Puppet, and Linux. They also need experience with common scripting languages Python and Ruby. Key Responsibilities
- Serve as a thought leader, solution visionary and technology expert.
- You will drive Cloud Security Engineering for our Enterprise IT and Business IT teams in both IaaS/ PaaS and SaaS implementations.
- Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Participate in designing and managing IT Security strategy including both infrastructure and applications.
- Lead security and compliance based projects.
- Assist with projects involving cloud, operating systems, applications, and database and security issues and requirements.
- You will be an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security with your domain expertise.
- You will actively assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- You will engineer and implement new Cloud Security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud compute resources.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
- Understand/ Perform system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system using approved software tools and ability to automate.
- Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls.
- Thoroughly understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime.
- Thorough understanding of DevOps ideologies and ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or other related discipline preferred.
- 8+ years' IT experience with preferred background as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet.
- Experience with common scripting languages (Python, Ruby).
- Strong experience with cloud security strategy, cloud provider ecosystems (Amazon AWS/ Microsoft Azure) & migrating Enterprise from traditional data center Infrastructure, Application and Data designs to hybrid or fully-cloud enabled practices.
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Compliance and Audit organizations.
- Understand how to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS.
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP.
- Familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems. - provided by Dice Cloud, Security, Engineer, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Linux, Python, Ruby, AWS, DevOps, Agile
Keywords: Request Technology, LLC, Charlotte , Sr. Cloud Security Engineer, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!