Desktop Support Engineer
Company: IT Resource Solutions.net, Inc.
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Provide services including installing, maintaining and repairing company and multi-vendor systems which include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems. Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance and configurations which may impact product performance. Takes responsibility for potential or desired follow-up services or problem escalation.
- General hardware break/fix to include diagnostics, troubleshooting and parts replacement for laptops, desktops, servers and network devices
- Troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software issues to maintain business continuity
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair peripheral equipment and handhelds
- New hardware upgrades; moves, adds, changes in a laptop and desktop environment;
- Optimizing hardware/software/networking products and configurations as scripted ensuring customer satisfaction.Day to Day Work
- Participate in the configuration and support of internal systems.
- Perform repair and parts replacement on desktops/laptops/tablets used for AV rooms.
- Competent with AV operation, Skype meeting is a plus
- PC hardware and software experience. / MAC experience a plus
- Monitor and document daily service activity. Service Now ticketing system knowledge a plus
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and customer interaction (via phone, e-mail and face to face).
- In this position, you will manage continuous improvement of service delivery, your schedule (demonstrate excellent time management) and your interaction with other departments including the IT Manager.
- You must be proficient with Microsoft applications, Windows 10, MS Cloud services Office 365, SharePoint, Bitlocker and general knowledge of domain environment.
- Work schedule will be M-F with an 8-hour daily shift during opening hours.
- Work close with IT Manager on special projects. Communicate to IT Mgr activity updates on a regular basis.
- Willing to work overtime when needed and on weekends
- Required to maintain ticket management responsibilities, updates, call backs, escalations.
- Focus on end user satisfaction
- Organizational and prioritization skills a must
- Single man site operationsTechnical and Behavioral Skills
- Must have GED or high school diploma. AS degree in Electronics or Computer Science, related military/technical training or equivalent experience also desired
- Background investigation and drug screen required
- 3 or more years of experience in a hands-on desk side support role required. Experience replacing desktop/laptop components
- Remedy or Peregrine helpful
- OEM certifications (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Samsung, ASUS and Lenovo), A+, Server+ and other certifications and/or training as requested
- Excellent customer service and customer interaction (via phone, e-mail and face to face) skills required. You should have a positive, constructive attitude and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. - provided by Dice 3 or more years of experience in a hands-on desk side support role required
Keywords: IT Resource Solutions.net, Inc., Charlotte , Desktop Support Engineer, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!