SCADA Network Engineer
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Leading Solar Company offering: Salary + Bonus, Unlimited PTO,
Company Paid Health Benefits, 401K with Company MatchThis Jobot Job
is hosted by: Robert DonohueAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.Salary:
$130,000 - $150,000 per yearA bit about us:We are a leader in the
Renewable Energy (Solar) industry. We are seeking a SCADA Network
Engineer to join our growing team.This is a remote opportunity with
less than 15% travel. Description:The Lead SCADA Network Engineer
is responsible for providing technical design support to the SCADA
engineering group. The Engineer will act as the Owners Engineer for
designs produced by contractors of our company. The Engineer will
be responsible for developing and reviewing network configurations
for ethernet switches, routers, and firewalls, as well as
communications architecture diagrams. Additionally, they will
provide site support for troubleshooting communication-related
issues and undertake in-house design work for selected projects.
- Design or review network and communications path for substation
protective relays and SCADA equipment inside the PV Solar and
Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) plant, the substation, as well
as paths to the third-party fleet management interface and
off-takers data centers.
- Develop or review Functional Design Specifications based on
- Design or review design to build up networking systems to
security standards such as NERC CIP.
- Specify and design data security and availability for PV and
- Identify any security risks.
- Author or review required documentation for compliance with
standards such as NERC CIP.
- Author or review Functional Test requirements, Factory
Acceptance Test requirements, Site Acceptance Test requirements,
and Commissioning Plan.
- Prepare and maintain specifications, checklists, test reports,
and deliverables associated with assigned projects.
- Act as Owners Engineer for design work performed by outside
consultants. Responsibilities including: evaluation of design per
scope of work, company standards, and error rate.
- Participate in efforts to develop and implement standards for
hardware, software, and cybersecurity requirements for network
- Provide input to budget development related to network design
and material procurement for estimators.
- Aid in cost variance analysis post project completion to
- Act as Engineer for design for in house projects for the SCADA
group.Why join us?
- Salary + Bonus
- Remote- Less than 15% travel
- Hybrid work schedule - Work from home and the office
- Medical, dental, vision - eligible 1st of the month of after
start date (BCBS- medical) standard PPO plan is free for
- 401k with company match
- Employee Equity Participation Plan
- Unlimited PTOJob DetailsQualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience directly related to
development of ethernet network and cybersecurity designs for
industrial, solar or BESS plants and\or electric utilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SCADA networks, power system
components and related communications and protection
- Technical competence in communication protocols: DNP, Modbus,
SEL protocols, Synchrophasor C37.118, IEC 61850, TCP/IP, UDP, and
- Technical competence in cyber analysis/operations, and network
- Ability to perform scripting/coding/network automation within
Python, C#, and Ansible.
- Working knowledge of NERC/CIP compliance, NIST cybersecurity
framework and NIST SP800 security requirements.
- Preferred certifications: CCNA, Network+, CISSP, and GSEC.
- Ability to design and produce design packages for field
- PE or ability to retain is preferred. Education and
- Bachelor's DInterested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Charlotte , SCADA Network Engineer, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!