Field Support Engineer
Company: Pierson Wireless Corp.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Position Title: Field Support Engineer
Date Posted: 10/18/22
Location: Charlotte, NC
JOB TITLE: Field Support Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Support Services
REPORTS TO: Field Support Engineering Manager
FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting the
field market teams (Market Managers, Market/Project Foreman and
Technicians) with the technical deployment of Pierson Wireless
products and services, which include Tier 1 technical support of RF
troubleshooting, general system troubleshooting, tools support,
system commissioning, optimization, and performance-related
FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains open and accurate communication with project
supervisors and subordinates.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson
Wireless' project management cloud solution.
- Follows safety policies for safe work.
- Complete site walks and surveys site conditions.
- Utilizes RF related equipment for site coverage review and
determine limitations and boundaries of the systems.
- Works with onsite personnel to improve all aspects of system
performance, creates documentation, and improves processes.
- Performs RF optimization techniques for a wide range of OEM and
- Performs remote assistance to onsite personnel for system
troubleshooting and optimization.
- Interfaces with Pierson Wireless' Customers.
- Ensures systems are designed to the latest and correct
standards as set forth by both Pierson Wireless and its Customers.
- Properly documents work performed in Pierson Wireless' project
management cloud solution.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Operates company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe
manner and follow all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Submits all receipts and expense records.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the
Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Is cross-trained to lend support other Pierson Wireless staff
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. cleaning, moving,
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance - EMPLOYER pays 100% of
- EMPLOYER provided Short term / Long term disability, Life
insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment after 1 year
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match - eligible at 1
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- The position requires 50% travel and overnight lodging
supporting and working with our regional teams. Primary days of
travel are Monday through Friday.
FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER TIME REQUIREMENTS:
- Full-time position which will typically involve 50 hours a
FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or
one to two years of related experience and/or training, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required:
- Valid driver's license required.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Google G-Suite proficiency
- Other skills required/preferred:
- BS or Master's degree in Engineering or Physics (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of RF behavior required.
- OSHA 10 hour certified (Preferred).
- 1+ years of relevant industry work experience (Preferred).
- 1+ years of network routing, switching, and security experience
- Solid interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to represent the company to external Customers.
- Working knowledge of service networks: 5G, GSM, CDMA, WCDMA,
LTE, EVDO and the service applications characteristics and
- Working knowledge of a variety of DAS OEMs including: Corning,
TE Connectivity, Commscope, SOLiD, and JMA.
- Working knowledge of walk testing equipment and system testing
equipment including: WINd, Spectrum Analyzer, OTDR, Fiber Scope,
and PIM Tester.
FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER COMPETENCIES:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments;
Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically;
Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals
and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their
tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with
FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually exposed to outside weather
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the
work environment is usually quiet
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pierson Wireless is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not
discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed,
color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran
status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with
respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer,
training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general
treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the
known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with
disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue
hardship on the operation of our business. If you need assistance
to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental
condition, please let HR@piersonwireless.com know.
The Company will endeavor to accommodate the sincere religious
beliefs of its employees to the extent such accommodation does not
pose an undue hardship on the Company's operations. If employees
wish to request such an accommodation, they should contact
Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment
opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues
to the attention of HR@piersonwireless.com. The Company will not
allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues
of equal employment opportunity. If employees feel they have been
subjected to any such retaliation, they should contact
HR@piersonwireless.com. To ensure our workplace is free of
artificial barriers, violation of this policy including any
improper retaliatory conduct will lead to discipline, up to and
including discharge. All employees must cooperate with all
Keywords: Pierson Wireless Corp., Charlotte , Field Support Engineer, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...