Project Engineer - Advanced Development
Company: TTI Floor Care North America
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Role SummaryJob Description:Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At TTI
Floorcare, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of
employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an
unparalleled pride in their work and in our Hoover, Oreck, and Dirt
Devil strategic brands. We know that the only way to sustain growth
and success is to value the growth and success of each person
within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's
growth and development from day one.Our Engineering teams are some
of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The
fast-paced, agile environment continuously implements disruptive
technologies that deliver reliable products with high performance.
We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis
tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing
processes and cross-functional agility.The Project Engineer will be
a member of the Advanced Development team that supports product
development across all of our brands. This team is the trusted
research and knowledge bank that accelerates and delivers
technological disruptive innovation. As a member of this team, you
will be responsible for providing Project Leadership and Technology
Development to various new technology areas.Our ideal candidate
would be a hands-on self-starter, who can take ownership of several
medium to high complexity projects in early research and
- Lead and/or support early research and investigations into new
technologies, industry trends, and processes, via start-up
companies, university research, and our department technology
- Provide project management and necessary technical direction to
assure successful and timely implementation of projects. Includes
presenting project status to a diverse audience ranging from peers
to executive teams.
- Pursue new technology and partners through tradeshows,
seminars, courses, training, etc.
- Work as part of a technology development team responsible for
rapidly researching, designing and integrating new technologies
through proof of concepts and machine builds.
- Leverage your hands-on approach and aptitude to support idea
generation, concept development, proof of concept validation, and
documentation of key aspects of implementation into end
- Support and partner with our legal department in developing and
protecting our technology.What TOOLS You Will Bring With You
- Project management expertise including creation of timelines,
budgets, meeting agendas, and other project management tools that
drive team accountability.
- Technology development experience in various systems.
- Strong mechanical and electromechanical aptitude and a hands-on
mentality to support new product development.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, yet creative environment.
- BS Engineering and/or Equivalent Professional Experience (4
year Minimum).Other TOOLS We Prefer You Have
- Ability to perform data analysis in support of design, Design
of Experiments (DOE), and product verification/validation.
- Experience facilitating idea generation sessions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess the ability to create part and assembly drawings for
new developments/components (Creo / SolidWorks / Ansys
- Ability to travel up to 15% (Domestic and International)The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work performed by employees assigned to this position.
This document is subject to change at any time and is not intended
to be exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, and skills
required by employees with this position title. The physical
requirements described on the supplemental Occupational Worksheet
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made upon request.
Keywords: TTI Floor Care North America, Charlotte , Project Engineer - Advanced Development, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!