Network Engineer II, Data Restoration Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At a glance:
- Do you specialize in network engineering and improving the end
user experience through the development and implementation of
- Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to
guide the development of basic to intermediately complex network
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
Using your sharp technical skills, you actively simplify and
enhance the client experience by planning resource requirements for
basic to moderately complex network systems. As the Network
Engineer II, you ensure the success of our commercial sales cycle
by guiding the identification, forecasting and implementation of
resource requirements. You are passionate about developing and
integrating network enhancements and recommending process
As a collaborative team member, you successfully work with multiple
internal teams and third-party vendors. You maximize the
department's success by monitoring protocol compatibility standards
and ensure adherence for all requirements. You excel at
implementing network architecture and designs. You thrive in an
office environment and feel comfortable traveling to perform site
reviews within a specified footprint. Depending on the business
unit, you may be part of a 24/7 on-call environment. You report to
the Manager, Network Engineering for goals, guidance and
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in the
planning of network architecture, design.
- Maximize projects by integrating communication architectures,
topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links
and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Improve productivity through in-depth new product evaluations
and develop resolutions to network issues during
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the
development and documentation of technical standards.
- Ensure a successful project completion by documenting and
implementing approved procedure methods.
- Increase network capabilities through the design of protocol
compatibility standards, network enhancements and implementation
and improvement recommendations.
- Optimize and configure the existing network by planning and
working on projects, systems and issues of medium to high
- Support tiers across the organization during program
implementations by providing escalated troubleshooting and issue
- Enhance efficiency by serving on one or more projects
simultaneously and occasionally as a project team lead.
- Guide and mentor less experienced team members to improve
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local,
state and federal regulations for every project.Required keys for
- Three or more years of data network experience.
- In-depth data networking knowledge with transmission control
protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), the open systems
interconnection (OSI) model and optical transport.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards for
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), American
National Standards Institute (ANSI), fiber, multi-mode,
single-mode, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), bridging, switching,
routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances,
architecture, protocols and topology.
- Experienced in using internal and vendor ticketing and software
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services.Your
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering
or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Industry or vendor-specific certification and training, such as
Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred).ENE309 313430-4
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Charlotte , Network Engineer II, Data Restoration Spectrum Enterprise, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!