Application Engineer, (EVCI-Energy Transition/Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Eatons North American Sales Division is currently seeking an
Application Engineer, Energy Transition / EVCI to join our team in
the US Southeast Region. This position must be located in a major
Southeast region market including Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC;
Raleigh, NC; Nashville, TN; or Orlando. FL
Eaton is a power management company made up of over 92,000
employees, doing business in more than 175 countries. The
application engineer is a consultative, technical sales
professional responsible for supporting electrical consultants,
designers, end users, specifiers, EPC, developers, and systems
integrators focused on the energy transition and Electric Vehicle
charging infrastructure (EVCI). Application engineer must possess
both strong technical and commercial skills and be experienced in
electrical power distribution, power quality and control. In
addition, he/she must serve as a subject matter expert for Eatons
deployment of Energy Transition / EVCI solutions, creations of new
business models, and provide application support to position Eaton
as a preferred supplier and partner. The primary energy transition
areas of focus will be the power distribution equipment, software
and services related to renewable energy, distributed energy
resource integration / microgrids and electric vehicle charging
infrastructure as well as Eatons new solutions in these areas.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. Its where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potentialand where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Lead Eaton technical sales engagement with engineering
influencers such as consultants, designers, end users and
specifiers for outcomes, consultative and solution selling
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support: work with
internal Eaton teams and third-party technology providers to
identify business problems, facilitate requirements design thinking
sessions, product feature descriptions and value propositions.
- Work with the NAS sales organization, sales reps, and proposals
teams to put together compelling proposals for Eatons end to end
electrical portfolio (including software and service
- Respond to RFP documents, put together electrical power
distribution, power quality and control solution requirements and
design, system customization and configurations packaged with
software and service.
- Assist with existing and new account planning and strategy, to
bring in Eaton energy transition / EVCI software and hardware
content and drive revenue growth. Provide technical and sales
consulting, support for end user, EPC, developer, or system
integrator energy transition / EVCI projects.
- Provide specific Voice of Customer feedback to appropriate
product, system, solution, and service business leaders for future
product development, quality, modification, customer satisfaction,
business models and other purposes.
- Support and drive customer interface strategy with assigned
sales teams to build strong support with decision makers
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- 7 years of electrical sales or electrical engineering
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted drivers
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- A Professional Engineer (PE) License
- 7 years of deep domain expertise and experience with the power
distribution and controls industry, developing and deploying
electric vehicle charging infrastructure, microgrids, power
distribution, power quality and control solutions for the
commercial and industrial markets.
- 5+ years of outcomes selling, consultative, selling experience
to executive and technical buyers.
- 5+ years of experience developing and translating business use
cases to solution requirements and architecture documentation, with
focus on electrical products, solutions, software, and services
- Highly fluent with emerging industry trends and implications on
customers: electric vehicle charging infrastructure, grid
optimization solutions, grid scale renewable energy, distributed
energy resources, microgrids, energy storage solutions.
- Technology leadership, self-motivation and drive to work with
internal Eaton and external (partner, client) stakeholders for
client satisfaction. Ability to communicate with all levels
(executive, technical) internally and externally, and manage
through long term relationships and influence.
- Collaboratively develops longer term working relationships with
the regional sales leaders, product managers, delivery, and
engineering teams. Leverages influence to drive new ideas for
- Drives innovation through a culture of learning, front line
empowerment risk taking and obsessive customer focus.
- Change agent for our customers/clients, regional sales
organization, working through influence, trust, and champion of new
- Excellent client/customer facing skills; be able to represent
Eatons electrical portfolio and be able to articulate Eatons value
- Strategic business acumen and complex problem-solving skills in
a highly matrixed organization.
- Build organizational capability by training Eaton sales
organization on energy transition / EVCI solutions.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
North America US/Puerto Rico
United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-Tennessee-Nashville,
United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-North
Atlanta GA Loc 2
ES AMER Sector
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within hiring country only
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID :108911by Jobble
Keywords: Eaton, Charlotte , Application Engineer, (EVCI-Energy Transition/Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure), Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!