Technical Support Engineer - Hybrid Remote
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We've identified a big gap in the way dev teams run. Dev teams are
held back today because their two most important sources of truth -
Git and project management - don't talk to each other. Our mission
is to correlate data from Git, project management and CI/CD tools
to provide dev teams with a greater level of context and visibility
into the way they work. The "engineering efficiency" category is
growing 35% YoY - among the fastest of any tech category. Our main
competitors in this space are taking a traditional enterprise
selling approach. We think our bottom-up, product-led strategy will
help us take the #1 position and define the category.
Reporting to our head of Customer Success, the Technical Support
Engineer will identify, diagnose and resolve incidents by
leveraging excellent and prompt communications with our customers.
This role will partner cross-functionally with our internal teams
and is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience at a hyper-growth
What You'll Do
- Diagnose and resolve technical inquiries related to
- Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective
solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for
the longer term.
- Analysis and isolate root cause to help in product's usability
and improve end-user experience.
- Ensure that knowledge management and data capture processes are
adhered to and encourage and help convert technical solutions to
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper
resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this
individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to
maintain positive relationships.
- Liaise with Product Management teams on technical discussions
as required to ensure tracking and resolution of bugs and
- Coordinate with Engineering teams to aid in identifying,
reporting, and resolving product defects.
- Bachelor's (or Master of Science) or foreign degree equivalent
in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of practical experience in a customer-focused position
involving technical knowledge of a company's products and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Prior
experience in communicating with Enterprise, Service Provider, or
- Familiarity with reading and/or writing simple scripts.
- Ability to triage and troubleshoot technical issues and be
measured on support SLAs.
- Be comfortable in reading Python, Nodejs, Typescript, and
- Have experience with Zendesk and Jira.
You Should Apply If You:
- Blends creativity with a data-driven, scientific approach to
trying new things.
- Has software/technical support background, bonus - knows dev
teams inside and out.
- Strives to maintain empathy and humility throughout every day
with a customer-first mindset in a highly collaborative
- Comes in with an urgency to help solve customer problems.
- Works towards continuous improvement with each and every
- Takes ownership, tells us what to do, and asks forgiveness
instead of permission.
- Honesty and transparency are highly valued.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Diversity and inclusive work culture are important to you.
- Pushes boundaries and does not subscribe to any traditional
- Comfortable with English and preferably other European
- Startup experience is a plus.
- Enjoys working from home and connecting with co-workers through
Slack and Zoom.
- Customer obsession; We live and breathe the customer
- Engagement; We are passionate and committed to ensuring our
customers have an amazing experience.
- Data wins discussions; Metrics, facts and figures drive
- Automation; Work smart internally to help the end user work
- Take care of yourself and your teammates; We believe people are
at the heart of what we do - put people first.
LinearB is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: LinearB, Charlotte , Technical Support Engineer - Hybrid Remote, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!