Building Maintenance Engineer
Company: Lincoln Harris
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Summary Responsible for all mechanical equipment functions and
operations of the property, including, but not limited to, HVAC,
mechanical systems, electrical, and plumbing. Work closely with
building Property Manager and building engineers to establish and
maintain effective operating procedures. Duties and
- Comply with all EPA, OSHA, & ASHRAE rules, requirements,
procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintain all areas of the property in a clean organized
- Maintain and operate mechanical engineering programs for the
maintenance and operation of all mechanical equipment. Maintain a
preventative maintenance schedule for all HVAC, mechanical,
electrical, and plumbing equipment, with emphasis on developing
programs for corrective action and reduction of waste or excessive
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the
manufacturer's recommendations and operations manuals.
- Regularly inspect proper function of all major HVAC,
mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment.
- Review contracts relating to the mechanical functions and
appearance of the property and submit to Property Managers with
- Maintain maintenance logs on all major mechanical equipment;
maintain daily Property Log, logging all significant events and
- Provide technical advice and training to Property Managers and
engineering staff. Recommend to Property Manager needed mechanical
improvements with necessary back-up information giving costs
- Maintain detailed records of utility consumption with
recommendations to reduce costs and attain conservation goals.
- Inspect the work of contract vendors and ensure it meets the
standards of his trade and such standards as may be set by the
- Be knowledgeable of, and comply with, all maintenance and
purchasing directives per company direction including, but not
limited to:- Property Inspections- Maintenance Work Orders-
Landscaping and Grounds- Safety- Special Maintenance Items-
Purchase Procedures- Stock Control System- Preventative
- Ensure adequate operating supplies are on hand and requisition
material for special construction or maintenance projects.
- Ensure inventory, and requisition of all light fixtures, doors,
locksets, and miscellaneous other building components and see that
each item is stored and properly inventoried.
- Ensure the mechanical areas, shops, and storage areas are clean
and neat at all times with unused equipment and supplies properly
stored and accounted for.
- Ensure building property and equipment, within field of
responsibility, is not abused, is in top condition, is properly
stored and checked out when needed.
- Perform mechanical operations and repairs when needed.
- Review all water samples and demand meter reports.
- Continually be informed and keep the Property Managers informed
of developments pertaining to all mechanical operations.
- Determine the type of tools, equipment, and machinery needed
and recommend their acquisition.
- Develop an on-going program to enhance responsiveness to tenant
requests in the following specific areas:- Light bulb replacement-
Hot/Cold calls- Miscellaneous requests
- As needed, work with Property Management to insure good public
relations and preserve the company and the owner's image at all
- Assist Property Managers in the following areas:- Coordination
of tenant move-ins.- Coordination of tenant renovation.- Assist
Property Managers in developing safety, fire, and security
procedures.- Set up and issue safety guidelines and materials.-
Analyze security and vandalism problems and make
- Develop data for preparation of annual budgets, including
general mechanical operating expenses, extraordinary mechanical,
electrical, or plumbing repairs, including 5 year capital
- Be thoroughly familiar with established objectives relative to
- Continuing analysis of maintenance operations with a view to
- Develop and maintain property maintenance manual(s) (SOP's)
showing manufacturer's maintenance manuals, water and gas cutoffs,
electrical disconnects, sewer cleanouts, fire safety operation,
- Maintain building and grounds mechanical drawings, plans,
as-builts, and systems schematics, ensuring that changes are marked
on appropriate drawings.
- Handle other duties as assigned. Job Requirements:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Technical, vocational, or on-the-job training in one or more of
the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process
controls, or plumbing
- At least three years experience in commercial HVAC
- Working knowledge of work order system and facility operation
- Familiar with fire/life safety equipment/procedures
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to successfully
interact with tenants/vendors/contractors
- Valid, clean driver's license.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with tenants,
vendors, employees, and visitors
- Must be able to read and write English in order to understand
manuals, procedures and to write reports
- Familiarity with blueprints and code requirements
- Universal CFC Certification preferred Physical DemandsAbility
to lift at least 50 lbs., work from heights, verify colors, and
climb ladders frequently
Keywords: Lincoln Harris, Charlotte , Building Maintenance Engineer, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!