Lead Front End Engineer
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Engineering Columbia, Maryland Raleigh, North Carolina
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Atlanta, Georgia Beverly, Massachusetts
Charlotte, North Carolina Boston, Massachusetts New York City, New
York Roanoke, Virginia Chicago, Illinois Austin, Texas 1) The
tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a
leading global water technology company. Xylem, a leading global
water technology company dedicated to solving the world's most
challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of
efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving
the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our
international team is unified in a common purpose: creating
advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the
world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an
organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels
involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is
free to bring their authentic selves and ideas. If you are excited
and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear
from you! For more information, please visit us at-- www.xylem.com
---. We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
- Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our
people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our
employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for
compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development,
work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility
program working to provide education and access to safe water to
ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities.
Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a
professional, supportive network for employees from diverse
backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People
of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents
Networks. The Role:----As a key contributor to the Xylem Vue team,
you will serve as a Lead Front End Engineer to play a pivotal role
in driving excellence and best practices for the Software
Engineering function in Xylem, with a specialty in providing
automated solutions to support our advanced Web & API applications.
- Participate in the development process from definition to
- Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem Vue's
- Maintain and improve existing on prem and cloud-based
applications, reducing costs and streamlining efficiency.
- Engineer codes and establish standards that are efficient, and
- Provide problem solving and support for a distributed team of
- Streamline workflows and processes across teams
- Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to mentor
and develop the skills of a distributed team.
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for both
established and startup technology firms. Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven ability to develop front end user experiences without
- Proven ability to establish and monitor best-in-class
- Experience designing and deploying REST services
- Experience integrating with generic web services such as
GoogleMaps, weather services, etc.
- Experience building new applications with server-side
- Experience collaborating on interface definitions with tools
such as Swagger/OpenAPI
- Experience deploying to cloud services such as AWS Cloudfront
- Experience with visualizing and interacting with large data
sets from the client
- Experience visualizing time series data
- Experience with the Full SDLC process
- Experience with interviewing users to confirm Front End design
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about
the facility (The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an
office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard--weekly--job hours:--40 hours Xylem is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected--by
law. You have been redirected to a Xylem job page
Keywords: Xylem, Charlotte , Lead Front End Engineer, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!