Sr. Manager of Engineering
Company: TTI Floor Care North America
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Sr Manager is an energetic leader with the ability to mentor,
motivate and develop product development engineering teams within
his/her assigned product category. This position requires an
individual with extensive experience in a new product development
environment related to electro-mechanical consumer products. Within
the product category, the Sr Manager will be responsible for owning
and driving all projects on the New Product Roadmap from concept to
The Sr Manager is responsible for the overall success of all
projects within their product category as measured by performance
specifications, financial targets, schedules and quality specs
- Direct all activities of the product category team.
- Lead by example while developing and providing career growth
for the individuals.
- Drive enthusiasm within the team and encourage others to take
risks with new challenging ideas.
- Work close with Product Management partners to develop and own
a product roadmap that meets sales and market needs.
- Prioritize and assign resources which maintain flexibility to
meet the fast paced product development needs.
- Drive disciplined adoption and use of the NPD process.
- Ensure seamless integration of the Advanced Development
Technologies with the Development/Execution phases.
- Deliver accurate product cost estimates for Business Case
- Manage all project risks throughout the development cycle while
providing appropriate options.
- Work with management to resolve obstacles, evaluate risks, and
- Ensure that the core brand values are followed throughout the
organization including product development, Industrial Design,
Quality, Testing and Production teams.
- Monitors current and new engineering related technologies.
- Monitors competitive activity and product line positioning.
Understands competitive product offerings, features, benefits and
- Sets strategic direction with the Project Engineers / Designers
in coordinating product line activities. between industrial design,
engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and product.
- Managing multiple product portfolios responsibilities including
profit and loss, product roadmaps, new product development, and
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members
that allows for collaboration over ideas and the appreciation of
diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working
effectively together to enable each employee and the team to
- As a change agent, embed the processes, activities and
behaviors required to foster the culture that will achieve our
- Provides leadership coaching/mentoring to accelerate transition
to new roles and to develop leadership capabilities and enhance
impact in areas that include strategy execution, managing change,
organization design, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required
Minimum Job Requirements
- BSME or BSEE. Advanced degrees and certifications welcomed but
- 7 + years of engineering experience in an electro-mechanical
consumer appliance organization.
- 5 + years of project management experience managing a product
from concept to completion.
- 5+ years in leadership roles in fast-growing product
- Very strong technical skills in mechanical and electrical
systems found in complex consumer appliances.
- Broad background knowledge for drive systems, motors,
rechargeable battery cells (Li-Ion), switches, battery chargers,
sensors, LED applications, and electronics in products.
- Solid knowledge of plastics, injection molding and
manufacturing processes typically found in consumer appliances
- Team player with an entrepreneurial drive and high integrity;
Positive attitude and ability to motivate and energize others. Must
be an excellent manger with solid people skills, mentoring skills
and presentation skills.
- Creates an environment where successes are recognized, shared,
and celebrated together.
- Leads with integrity; conducts business fairly, honestly, and
ethically every day.
- Superior leadership skills and possess a passion for growing
and developing talent.
- Strong coaching and people management skills are required.
- Excellent business communicator with the ability to present
technical ideas to all levels in the organization in an effort to
create excitement and buy in from the leadership team.
- Experience understanding and working with/around a complex
- Ability to harness the team's technical creativity and
transform it into specific design solutions that meet schedule,
cost and performance goals.
- Ability to multi-task and run multiple projects in a
fast-paced, work environment.
- Familiar with CAD, FEA, CFD, and other engineering tools
- Familiar with FMEA methodology
- Familiar with appliance regulatory and testing agencies such as
UL, CEC, ASTM, IEC, CE, RoHS
- Familiar with Quality assurance methodologies.
- Familiar with Pro E.
- Able to develop and implement effective strategies and
implement policies and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with
effectively leading meetings.
- Organized with demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience working with Asian counterparts and OEM suppliers
- Working knowledge of Floor Care Products (vacuums, carpet
washers, Hard floor cleaners, etc) a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project a plus.
- Creative and analytical, yet practical, in problem solving and
- Overseas travel required (approximately 2-3 times/year, up to 3
weeks at a time)
- Domestic travel required (approximately 3-4 times/year)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position.
This document is subject to change at any time and is not intended
to be exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, and skills
required by employees with this position title. The physical
requirements described on the supplemental Occupational Worksheet
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made upon request.
Keywords: TTI Floor Care North America, Charlotte , Sr. Manager of Engineering, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!