Endpoint Security Engineer
Company: Allstate Insurance
Posted on: September 15, 2020
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're
moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking
bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why
now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a
corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you'll
have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic
industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the
status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest
ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity,
inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower
every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work
and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one
team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to
protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their
hopes and dreams. For 89 years we've thrived by staying a step
ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind
no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to
advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We
help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial
empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing
sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more
recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We
don't follow the trends. We set them.
We are open to qualified candidates in the following markets to
work from our strategic Allstate local offices: Charlotte, NC;
Dallas / Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ.
As an Endpoint Security Engineer, you will be a technical endpoint
security specialist for a very diverse enterprise. You will be
working with a team that is responsible for engineering endpoint
security capabilities, endpoint roadmap development, and support of
endpoint security technologies in a rapidly changing security
sector in a large enterprise.
The ideal Endpoint Security Engineer will be adept in learning new
security capabilities, adaptable, take initiative, and be a team
player. Knowledge sharing is highly encouraged. You will be an
Endpoint Security Engineer in a very challenging, complex, and
* Ensure endpoint security solutions, policies and emerging
technology are on track to meet and respond to threats to our data
and endpoint infrastructure.
* Ensure all technologies are operationally ready and that the
endpoint security, GSFC and NOC teams are enabled to execute on
capabilities as needed to resolve operational issues or business
* Capabilities development, maintenance and support of our current
endpoint security technologies. You will partner closely with
Endpoint Operations in the deployment of emerging security
capabilities, lifecycle management of current capabilities, and
develop metrics to be executed by Endpoint Security Operations.
* Level 2 incident management, coordination of change activities,
and development of SOP documentation in concert with Endpoint
* On-call support will also be required.
* Foundational to Intermediate experience managing policies and
software deployment in McAfee ePO and Crowdstrike
* Foundational to Intermediate ability to write rules, policies and
exclusions for McAfee products
* Foundational to Intermediate documentation and analytical skills;
documenting processes, policies and standards
* Foundational to Intermediate ability to provide end to end
support to enterprise counterparts, identifying root cause of
complex enterprise initiatives
* Foundational to Intermediate trouble shooting skills across
complex enterprise applications, server and endpoint
* Foundational to Intermediate ability to onboard, learn and adapt
to new technologies
* Foundational to Intermediate experience developing reports for
software and version compliance
* Foundational to Intermediate privileged access management/rights
management experience designing solutions based on least
* Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of malware operation and
indicators or threat
* Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of current threat
landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc)
* Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of Windows operating
systems (workstation and server)
* Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of Macintosh operating
* Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of Linux operating
* Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of encryption/cryptography
technologies and their implementation
* Foundational to Intermediate understanding and hands-on
experience with windows registry, Active Directory and Group
* Foundational to Intermediate ability to mentor and train
* Foundational to Intermediate experience with scripting
(PowerShell, Python, BASH)
* Foundational to Intermediate experience reading and writing
documentation for Infrastructure Security implementations
* Foundational to Intermediate customer handling skills along with
extensive hands on skills in defining and creating
* Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of networking fundamentals
(TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, DNS)
* Foundational to Intermediate experience with software lifecycle
across a large enterprise; deployment, upgrades, patching
* Foundational to Intermediate experience with ITIL processes such
as Incident/Problem/Configuration/Change management.
* Intermediate log parsing and analysis skill set
* Intermediate knowledge of Firewall and Proxy technologies
* Intermediate understanding of SANS Critical Security Controls
(CSC) and NIST
* Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of penetration
* Foundational knowledge of Information Technology forensic
* Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of audit requirements
(PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc.)
* Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud
* Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
* Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
* Microsoft: Azure Security Engineer Associate, Azure Fundamentals,
* AWS: Cloud Practioner
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit
to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands--.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a
competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total
Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance,
medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and
401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to
help you balance your work and personal life -- including a
generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for
employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA)
1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a
discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a
prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by
refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a
veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the
Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information
regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information
regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified
individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a
veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Keywords: Allstate Insurance, Charlotte , Endpoint Security Engineer, Engineering , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!