Preschool Support Teacher (Floater) Full Time/ Part Time
Company: Primrose School
Posted on: January 27, 2023
NC-28277-Primrose School of South Charlotte
As a Teacher at Primrose School of South Charlotte, you will help
young minds explore, discover and understand the world around them.
We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic Teachers to plan and
implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social,
emotional, cognitive, and physical development of each child, in
accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning approach to teaching
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class
functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at the local, state or
national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and
care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom
schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning
curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher
conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages
children to create, explore and make decisions with
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while
providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary
housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to
the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of South Charlotte
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee,
determines is necessary.
Desired Skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed
early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional, and creative needs of young
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the
handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child
safety, and potential emergency situations. Infant and Young
Toddler teachers must be able to properly lift infants into and out
of a crib.
- Infant - Preschool Teachers: 2-year degree in early childhood
or related field preferred
- Pre-Kindergarten Teachers: 4-year degree in early childhood or
related field required
- Kindergarten Teacher: 4-year degree in early childhood and
certified to teach in the state in which the school operates
- Competent and confident
- High integrity
- Good listening and follow-up skills
- Able to work with others harmoniously
- High coping capabilities
- Solution and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Signing Bonus after 90/180 days
Primrose School of South Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any
other factor prohibited by applicable law."
Compensation: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
Keywords: Primrose School, Charlotte , Preschool Support Teacher (Floater) Full Time/ Part Time, Education / Teaching , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!