Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
Company: Consumer Retail Banking, Charlotte, NC
Posted on: May 20, 2019
Develop and execute Insurance-specific marketing and communication
(MarComm) strategy in support of overall business plans and
strategic direction of the organization. This leader will have a
heavy emphasis on coordination across Insurance business/segments
and applicable marketing functions where already in place. Areas of
focus include brand management, communications, and digital
marketing (websites, social, search). Work consultatively with the
Insurance leadership team to help create content in support of an
overall communication plan as well as coordinate with COMPANY
marketing/communication per new governance model. Essential Duties
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not
mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to
1. Design and oversee implementation of COMPANY Insurance Holdings’
(COMPANYIH) overall internal and external MarComm strategy to
include: brand, internal corporate communications, external
marketing including advertising, collateral, campaigns, events,
public relations, and digital marketing (websites, social,
2. Foster the definition of MarComm strategy guidelines and
processes across COMPANYIH.
3. Ensure strategy alignment with other COMPANYIH stakeholders
(e.g. Retail/Wholesale/PreFi leaders, Operations, Human Resources,
Information Technology, Insurance Advisory Council/Board).
4. Coordinate implementation of MarComm initiatives for COMPANYIH
and business units.
5. Collaborate with MarComm teams across the organization and
promote their career development.
6. Lead and implement communications to help drive transformation
strategy in line with other transformation initiatives.
7. Drive measurement of MarComm initiatives.
8. Lead and/or support content creation and coordination across
9. Proactively communicates with business partners regarding
projects, strategic direction, staffing, resource allocation and
10. Actively participates in regular business unit planning
discussions for most significant business units, and oversees
associates doing the same for other units.
11. Ownership and oversite of the review process, proactively
working with legal and compliance and entities to identify and meet
all requirements and assure standards are met department- and
12. Drive engagement in internal communications through innovative
approaches that invite participation and include sound change
management principles—including, but not limited to, town halls,
and video communications.
13. Partner with Chief Talent Officer in crafting and execution of
14. Provide strategic day-to-day communications counsel to all
15. Proactively identify key MarComm needs to ensure resources are
16. Maintain competitive view of landscape within industry and
marketing in general, to identify future opportunities and path to
achieve competitive advantage.
17. Raise upcoming MarComm gaps to senior management and key
18. Enable MarComm teams at various levels throughout the
organization by engaging collaboratively and sharing best
19. Provide visionary leadership around identifying and reporting
on metrics for monitoring marketing effectiveness. Required Skills
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related
2. Fifteen years related experience in progressively increasing
3. Effective management and prioritization of budgets and
4. Experience leading/coordinating with diverse teams of MarComm
5. Familiarity with all traditional MarComm tools and enthusiasm to
identify/learn/adopt new ones and drive their use across teams and
6. Understanding of legal, compliance and regulatory issues
applicable to insurance industry
7. Ability to identify and manage risk
8. Exceptionally strong interpersonal and written communication
9. Ability to set high standards for excellent customer service to
both internal and external customers, and coach team members to
deliver the same
10. Extremely effective time management skills, with demonstrated
abilities to properly prioritize projects and juggle multiple and
often competing deadline driven deliverables, while also managing
others through this process
11. Work independently, with minimal direction, meeting deadlines
without prompting, while keeping stakeholders apprised and team
12. Experience maintaining a team-oriented environment, handling
conflict and managing/distributing department tasks
13. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such
as Microsoft Office software products
14. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Desired Skills:
1. Proficient with programs such as InDesign, PhotoShop,
Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook,
with ability to teach/coordinate with others and uphold the
Keywords: Consumer Retail Banking, Charlotte, NC, Charlotte , Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Advertising , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!