Company: Dole Food Company, Inc.
Posted on: November 21, 2020
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The position is responsible for performing and assisting with the
Executive team. Must have the ability to manage a range of
administrative processes accurately as well as multi-task, respond
and adapt in fast-paced environment working within tight deadlines
on several simultaneous projects across the U.S.
***Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Assist with creating communications, presentations, reports and
other correspondence as needed
- Prepare expense reports
- Utilize time management and organizational skills to juggle
responsibilities and strategize efficiency and priority
- Build cross-functional relationships between departments
- Plan and coordinate meeting spaces, prepare meeting materials and
logistics for onsite/offsite meetings and events
- Coordinating travel arrangements (both domestic and
international) and create trip itineraries
- Managing the executive's day-to-day calendar, including making
appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Manage and prioritize incoming calls, call lists, and visitors;
- Perform other duties and special projects may be requested from
time to time
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience
- Minimum 2-5 years Administrative Assistant experience and/or
general bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge of general accounting and accounts payable
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details and adept
critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word,
and an expert knowledge of Excel
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Able to work within tight deadlines, and be willing to do what it
takes to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal as well as
- Initiative to proactively identify projects and complete
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Open to supporting other departments with special projects as
- Flexible, diplomatic and works well in a team environment
- General Profile
Has developed expertise in a variety of work processes. Works
autonomously with established procedures and practices. Understands
importance of discretion and diplomacy. Ability to properly handle
confidential and time sensitive information.
- Problem Solving
Ability to proactively identify and evaluate problems with
solutions; respond to issues and inquiries with strong sense of
urgency and high level of professionalism
No supervisory responsibilities; manages own work load and provides
support to other administrative staff
Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment.
Uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve
results and improve efficiency.
- Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a team, and
communicate effectively and professionally with senior management,
associates, and outside vendors.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Senior management, across all domestic divisions
- Corporate accounting team
- Marketing staff members located throughout the U.S.
- Outside vendors/customers and third-party vendors and insurance
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Some college with course work in Business Administration, Finance
- Bilingual(Spanish) preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear. The employee must
occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 20 lbs.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Full-time position of 40 hours per week, 8 hours each day
- Ability to work overtime as needed
EEO STATEMENT: All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or on the basis of disability.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Keywords: Dole Food Company, Inc., Charlotte , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!