Financial Crimes Manager 3 - AML LOB Coverage for Treasury, Merchant & Payment Solutions
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: December 9, 2018
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Wholesale Banking, led by Perry Pelos, provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. It has nine major business lines, including: Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. It also has groups in credit risk, operational risk and compliance, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office supporting its businesses.The Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk & Controls (WFCRC) team is responsible for the coordination, oversight and ultimate execution of Wholesale Banking s commitments to key internal and external stakeholders as it relates to the management of financial crimes risk with the Wholesale Bank. In addition to having responsibility for Wholesale Banking s execution of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program, WFCRC is also responsible for the remediation of the OCC BSA/AML Consent Order. This team will partner with line of business ( LOB ), operations, risk and compliance team members, Wholesale Control Executive Office, Enterprise Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and Testing & Validation to advocate and ensure alignment in scope, purpose, expectations and execution of the Wholesale Financial Crimes Program. The team will achieve this through a focus on strong communication, strategic planning, thoughtful and meaningful tracking/reporting, and timely escalation and change management.The AML/Sanctions Advisory team within WFCRC is seeking a dynamic team member. This position is a Financial Crimes Manager 3 (FCM3) and will provide AML oversight and guidance related to Treasury, Merchant & Payment Solutions (TMPS) BAU tasks and advisory escalations.In general, an FCM3 is responsible for ensuring execution and ongoing management of a risk-based financial crimes program across the enterprise or a large to mid-size business(s) with considerable related risk. Works with management committee member/head of business to identify, formulate and implement risk policies, procedures and controls for the respective business/corporate function. Manages the development and implementation of procedures, controls, analytics and trend analysis to ensure proactive identification, prevention execution, detection, investigation, recovery and government/internal reporting of financial crime activity. Manages the use of internal and external data, including; publicly available information Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, FACTA, etc. Maintains an awareness of financial crimes activity across the enterprise and provides subject matter expertise to business projects and initiatives. Manages relationships and fosters a team orientation with business heads, legal, audit and multiple US and/or non-US regulators. Represents the business(s) in the external community, including with senior regulators/auditors and law enforcement. This FCM3 will specifically be focused on TMPS and the escalation, review and approval of TMPS new/modified products, including post-implementation reviews (PIR), while interacting with senior leadership and major stakeholders. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Review, approve and/or provide credible challenge for TMPS new/modified products including post implementation reviews (PIR);
- Provide oversight for all TMPS AML initiatives;
- Review, approve and provide credible challenge on AML-related risk assessments;
- Provide guidance on AML-related issues and escalations generated from TMPS, corporate level financial crimes department and other WFCRC members;
- Review, approve and/or provide credible challenge for TMPS PIM tasks;
- Review, approve and/or provide credible challenge for TMPA Role and Responsibilities Agreements;
- Oversee the LOB gap analysis process; and
- Driving TMPS special projects and responding to audit findings and other matters requiring attention.Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.Position Open to Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN, and Chicago, IL; and all east coast hub locations.Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 9+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance
- 3+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
9+ years' Financial Services Industry at a full-service financial institution with domestic and international operations with at least 2 years in Wholesale Banking or similar experience In-depth knowledge of Wholesale Banking processes and operating requirements at a large, complex, and globally-diverse financial institution
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships and facilitate efforts across business units, creating alliances among diverse stakeholders
- Leadership ability to motivate team members, actively lead and facilitate discussions, and drive toward decisions that are in the best interest of Wells Fargo and our customers
- Must be a proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and thrives under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Proven ability to navigate through ambiguity and maintain momentum driving for results and clarity in uncertain situations
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write & communicate items in a consumable form by senior executives
- Ability to leverage creative thinking and problem solving skills to facilitate decisions to ensure project outcomes result in expected business value.
- Ability to analyze data and connect the dots, making recommendations to management and the project teams in a timely manner
- Ability to manage and/or collaborate with geographically dispersed teams and matrixed relationships
- Demonstrated core competencies in Leadership, Business Acumen in Wholesale Banking and Risk Management, Change Management, Project Management, and Process Improvement
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Charlotte , Financial Crimes Manager 3 - AML LOB Coverage for Treasury, Merchant & Payment Solutions, Accounting, Auditing , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!