Cyber Audit - Senior Auditor
Company: Bank of America
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Cyber Audit - Senior Auditor page is loaded Cyber Audit - Senior
Auditor Apply locations Charlotte Plano Dallas New York time type
Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id 23015144
Job Description:OverviewBank of America is one of the world's
leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small
and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full
range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial
and risk management products and services. We are committed to
attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our
continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want
to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work
environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve
their goals.Process OverviewCorporate Audit provides independent
assessment and validation of risk through testing of key processes
and controls across the Bank, which is designed to add value and
improve the Bank's operations and long term business strategies.
The mission of Corporate Audit is to effectively and efficiently
support the Company's risk governance framework by determining
whether controlling processes and controls over strategic, credit,
market, liquidity, operational, compliance, and reputational risks
are adequately designed and functioning effectively.Job
DescriptionCorporate Audit is a global team responsible for
providing independent assessments of business activities throughout
Bank of America. As part of the Global Technology Audit Team, you
will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and reporting on
technology risks across a wide-range of infrastructure systems and
platforms that supports critical financial services
applications.The Cyber Auditor will independently execute test work
during assigned audit activities with guidance from more senior
staff. Successful IT Auditors will utilize analytical skills and
product / technical expertise necessary to perform risk
assessments, develop and perform audit test procedures, and report
findings to management.Candidates for this position are expected to
have a solid understanding of cyber risk and controls concepts,
have industry knowledge and awareness as well as a strong
foundational knowledge of governance practices.Responsibilities
- Responsible for executing multiple areas of test work during
audit activities. Independently executes audit testwork on assigned
- Utilizes analytical skills and/or technical expertise to
execute assigned audit testing responsibilities.
- Raises issues and concerns and makes recommendations for
severity ratings. Assesses issues for impact to business processes,
controls and strategies, recommends severity ratings and escalation
of broad themes or trends. Responsible for conducting relevant
technology testing (i.e. identification of key automated business
controls, definition of audit scope and presentation of results to
management, and communication with stakeholders ) in support of
business audit work.
- Support Corporate Audit Automation initiatives.
- Interacts with key technology executives to identify emerging
risks, key initiatives, regulatory required projects, etc.
- Provides input to the annual plan.
- Begins to demonstrate basic project management skills. Begins
to establish business partner relationships; primary engagement is
with line management.
- Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively
influence management to improve the control environment. Supports
employee development efforts, teamwork and a positive and inclusive
work environment.Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1 - 3 years in an IT Audit / Assurance role or similar
background in Risk Management, Information / Cyber Security, or
Technology Engineering / Operations.
- Understanding of audit practices and methodologies as well as
rules for professional and ethical conduct.
- Ability to think critically and apply audit and technical
- Ability to lean new concepts quickly
- Ability to plan, execute, and evaluate audit test plans within
a risk-based audit methodology.
- Sound organizational and project management skills, including
the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the
ability to document audit work in a detailed and professional
manner and communicate results to stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently.
- Track record of strong performance in prior organization(s),
evidenced via demonstrable career progression (internal
promotion)Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Current Professional IT audit certification (CISA, CISSP,
CDSPE, GSNA, etc.)
- Audit / Assurance or operational experience in Financial
Services or a large-scale enterprise environment.Shift:1st shift
(United States of America)Hours Per Week: -40 Similar Jobs (1)
Operational Resilience and Business Continuity - Senior Auditor
locations 4 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days
Ago About Us Bank of America is committed to help employees through
the transition period when they're displaced as a result of a
workforce reduction, realignment or similar measure. Please review
the resume writing and interviewing tips provided below to help
prepare you for your next career opportunity.
Getting started Regardless of the position you are interested in,
the starting points to building your resume are the same:
1. -Determine the job or types of jobs you want to do and research
their responsibilities and qualifications.
2. -Think about why you can do the job and make a list of your
skills that are relative to the job.
3. -Identify experiences or accomplishments that show your
proficiency in the skills required for the job.
4. -Summarize your abilities, accomplishments and skills into a
brief, concise document.
- Considerations when writing a resume
--- -Do be brief. Resumes should be 1-2 pages in length.
--- -Do be upbeat and active in your wording.
--- -Do emphasize what you have done clearly and concretely.
--- -Do be neat and well organized.
--- -Do have others proofread and critique your resume. Spell
check. Make it error free.
--- -Do use high quality, white or light colored 8 - x 11 paper.
Use a laser printer if possible.
--- -Don't be dishonest, always tell the truth about yourself in
the most flattering light.
--- -Don't include salary history or requirements.
--- -Don't include references.
--- -Don't include accomplishments that do not support your
--- Don't include anything that isn't relevant. (For example, don't
mention your fondness for swimming unless you want to work on the
--- -Don't use italics, underlining, shadows or other fancy
treatments. Seven steps to a successful interview
1. -Anticipate -Put yourself in the interviewer's position. What do
you believe the interviewer is most interested in? Why do you think
you have been invited to interview?
2. -Research -What are the primary functions of the line of
business? What are the success factors for the job? Is there a job
3. -Assess -Think about your skills, abilities, knowledge,
interests, traits, values and accomplishments. Match them to what
you know about the job. Consider which ones you should
4. -Prepare Answers -Think about what the interviewer may ask,
determine what the best answer is and write it down.
5. -Prepare Questions - Interviewing is a two-way street. By asking
thoughtful questions, you communicate your interest and learn a lot
about the job. Choose two or three questions to ask your
interviewer. Avoid asking a lot of questions about vacation time or
6. -Practice - It may seem awkward, but it is the best way to come
across well in an interview. Practice your own "great responses"
with others or in front of a mirror until you appear relaxed and at
7. -Follow-up - Send a brief follow-up letter to the interviewer.
Keep in mind that the many job searchers will not send a follow-up
letter. Sending one can become a competitive advantage. Pay
Privacy Statement -
Keywords: Bank of America, Charlotte , Cyber Audit - Senior Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!