Company: Vaco Financial
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Manage coordination and resolution of taxing authority
inquiries, audits, and other notices, as needed.
- Prepare and maintain tax return/provision work papers necessary
to substantiate book/tax differences, tax return positions taken,
apportionment factors, etc.
- Collaborate on tax solutions with other departments to ensure
that the necessary tax information is collected and the proper tax
methods are implemented.
- Read and interpret tax law and assess the company's policies to
ensure that taxes are prepared in compliance with tax
- Remain knowledgeable and stay up to date on applicable tax law
and general business practices.
- Research and advise on proposed transactions and tax
- research and planning to minimize the Company's income and
franchise tax liabilities.
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation
throughout the tax reporting and filing process to gain
- Become proficient utilizing the company's ERP and OneStream
- Manage coordination and preparation of tax related journal
entries and reconcile tax accounts.
- Assist in maintaining internal controls and record retention
polices to comply with SOX and government regulations.
- Assist on special projects as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- BS/BA Accounting or Tax required; Graduate degree
- 5 years of U.S. federal and state income tax compliance
- 1+ years of leadership/management experience
- Understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and GAAP (experience
with public accounting)
- Strong tax compliance and tax accounting background with a
comprehensive knowledge of FASB ASC 740
- Excellent analytical and technical skills with strong attention
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven
ability to work cross-functionally and influence/lead change where
no direct authority exists
- Strong computer technical skills, including proficiency in Tax
Compliance Software Programs and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word), with some experience in ERP and
Keywords: Vaco Financial, Charlotte , Tax Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...