Assistant Vice President
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Our Company: Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real
estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of
two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family
Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known
as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and
managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council's
(NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra
Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals,
couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the
opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great
amenities. It is anticipated that Quarterra will spin-off from
Lennar and become an independent, NYSE listed, Alternative Asset
Manager later this year under ticker symbol 'Q'. For additional
information, please visit Summary of Position: Reporting to the
Director, the Assistant Vice President is responsible for assisting
the Investments accounting team in all financial reporting and
accounting related services required for multifamily funds and
investors as well as corporate accounting. Principal Duties and
- Responsible for oversight and preparation of consolidation
accounting, the reporting and financial control functions for real
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual close process which
includes preparation and review of financial statements and
financial information for reporting to the corporate office and
investment partners and interpreting and clarifying fund results,
deviations, underlying causes, and for corrective actions to be
- Perform analysis of account balances and activity and provide
explanations on variances.
- Utilize IFRS.
- Oversee and prepare INREV reporting.
- Assist with coordination of annual audit deliverables, tax
compliance and REIT deliverables for the funds.
- Review monthly distribution for each asset and prepare and
review investor allocations and notices.
- Review monthly equity draw packages for each asset and assist
in compiling a consolidated monthly draw to be delivered to our
- Assist with REIT compliance and review on a
- Preparation and review of management fee calculations and
promote calculations in accordance with agreements.
- Assist with ad hoc requests or questions from investors and
internal team members.
- Develop, implement, and maintain appropriate financial and
administrative systems and processes for the fund. Education and
- B.S./B.A. required
- CPA preferred
- Strong accounting/financial background
- 5+ years of experience in a financial role; real estate
- REIT & IFRS experience is a plus
- Experience with fund and joint venture accounting
- Advanced PC skills, including use of EXCEL
- Timberline or JD Edwards accounting software experience is a
- Excellent analytical and written skills
- Strong communication and supervisory skills
- Strong work ethic, team player
- Hands-on work experience
- Interact well with co-workers
- Work in a fast paced and fast changing environment Physical
Requirements:This is primarily a sedentary office position which
requires the Assistant Vice President to have the ability to
operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift,
and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and
requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive
listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion,
physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy
or related condition, protected status, or any other status
prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our
Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit,
develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse
Keywords: Quarterra, Charlotte , Assistant Vice President, Accounting, Auditing , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!