Quantitative Analyst Senior (Hybrid)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Quantitative Analyst
Senior for our San Antonio, Plano or Charlotte facility.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and
the understanding and management of risk through appropriate
quantitative and analytical practices and processes. Monitors the
risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at
acceptable levels and consults on risk mitigation plans.
This position will support the review and analysis for counterparty
credit risk.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Utilizes and applies advanced analytics to assess future risk,
opportunities, and effectiveness and translates results into
meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical
approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer
business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to
effectively present to colleagues for peer review and
- Produces advanced analytical material for discussions with
cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives
and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review
- May produce reports and data visualizations for Executive
Leadership and Board(s) with quantitative data to influence
strategic decision making.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Mathematics, Engineering, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative
discipline; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the
minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of
- 6 years related quantitative analysis experience to include
statistical analysis, modeling, engineering, mathematics, business
or other quantitative discipline; OR advanced degree/designation in
Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Actuarial
Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 4 years work
experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk
management; OR PhD in Economics, Engineering, Statistics,
Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and up to 2 years
work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk
- 4 years' experience working with complex analytical tools and
- Experience producing and presenting research data related to
key business activities.
- Experience effectively participating in and leading
cross-functional team discussions related to risk management.
- Experience providing guidance to team members related to
research and data peer reviews.When you apply for this position,
you will be required to answer some initial questions. - This will
take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the questions you
will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be
able to change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- Counterparty credit risk experience.
- Experience analyzing reinsurance companies
- Equity analysis experience.
- Experience with Bloomberg.
- Tableau report writer experience.The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $88,200 - $158,900*Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average. - Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. - -Benefits: -At USAA
our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. - These benefits
include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k),
pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance,
paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer
hours, and various wellness programs. - Additionally, our career
path planning and continuing education assists employees with their
professional goals. Please click on the link below for more
details.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Charlotte , Quantitative Analyst Senior (Hybrid), Accounting, Auditing , Cornelius, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!