State Income and Franchise Tax Senior - Multistate
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Are you a strategic and creative Multistate Tax professional who
likes solving complex state tax issues? Are you ready to make a
greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting
solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function
with business objectives?
We are looking for a sharp, analytical Multistate Tax Senior
Consultant who is ready to take on new challenges and join one of
the largest Multistate Tax practices in the United States.
What you'll do
As a Senior Consultant within the Multistate Tax Services group,
you will be a valuable member on tax engagements and provide state
tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in
various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical
knowledge in state taxation by working on large complex tax
projects, and have access to exceptional resources and continue to
develop your supervisory and leadership skills. Responsibilities
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership and
corporate state tax returns and work papers with attention to
multistate tax issues such as apportionment, state modifications,
nexus, unitary filings, and flow-through taxation.
- Coordinating with an in-house tax preparation team within
Deloitte and with the clients tax department.
- Performing detailed review of estimated payment and withholding
calculations and related filings.
- Researching state tax legislation and assisting with impact on
- Assisting with various tax consulting projects including
research and writing projects related to tax planning,
restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, and accounting for
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising
tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State
and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than
1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals
include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry
personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and
technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax
experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with
the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our
specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect
tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use
tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax
review, and state tax controversy.
- 2+ years' experience in state income and franchise tax
- Preparation and review experience of state income and franchise
- Experience with state tax planning, tax research, and tax
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or
willing able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to
sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Supervisory experience
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and
the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
Keywords: Deloitte, Charlotte , State Income and Franchise Tax Senior - Multistate, Accounting, Auditing , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!