Posted on: November 22, 2021
Assistant ControllerSummary: A growing Distribution company in
Concord that has been around for over 60 years is seeking a
motivated accounting leader for a newly created Assistant
Controller position on their team! In this role, you will be the
right hand to the Vice President of Operations and help with
building continuous improvements and lean initiatives into the
financial area, as well as ensuring the timely and accurate
reporting of business financial performance across a range of
accounting and finance functions. This role involves financial
statement preparation, reconciling month-end close, fixed assets,
cash reconciliations, revenue recognition, budgeting, tax
compliance, ad hoc reporting, and process improvements. The right
fit will be someone who is eager to take ownership of the position
and make it their own! This company offers the opportunity for
growth, amazing benefits (see below), great work-life balance, and
a tight-knit, family-feel environment!Location: Concord, NC - 100%
onsiteCompensation: Targeting $80,000 - $100,000Company
- Health Insurance - 100% paid employee premium (HSA & Flex
- 20 days PTO/Sick Days and 9 paid holidays!
- 401k plan - 50% up to 4%
- Profit-sharing eligibility - discretionary contribution
- Life Insurance and Long-term Disability
- Recording and reporting the financial activities of the
businesses, ensuring compliance with internal procedures and
- Perform cash management functions including daily cash
reporting, reconciliations, maintenance, compliance certificates,
and bank reporting.
- Ensure timely completion of monthly reconciliations of all key
balance sheet accounts.
- Execute the period-end close processes, reconcile GL, financial
statements, post journal entries/ accruals, etc.
- Responsible for reconciling and maintaining fixed assets
- Manage all aspects of project cost accounting and develop new
processes around it.
- Lead various operational and financial analyses and preparation
of other ad hoc operational and financial reports as
- Develop and produce relevant KPIs for regular (weekly/monthly)
- Responsible for having hands-on interaction with the
transactional details of the accounting function, including AP and
AR teams to ensure timely processing
- Build continuous improvement and lean initiatives into the
- Assist VP - Operations with:
- Annual budgeting process across both Companies.
- Developing methods and techniques to help analyze company
financial performance and to offer solutions for improvement.
- Corporate income tax compliance information in coordination
with the external accounting firm.
- Producing monthly management reports with appropriate
understanding and commentary for presentation to the leadership
- Coordinating year-end activity with an external public
accounting firm, enabling tax returns to be filed in a timely
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5+ years of progressive Accounting experience, preferably
- Experience in the Manufacturing, Distribution, Construction or
related industry preferred
- Managerial experience is considered a plus
- CPA designation considered a plus
- A good attitude and willingness to work within a close-knit
- Strong Excel skills required, ERP systems preferredCategory
Code: JN001, JN005
Keywords: CRG, Charlotte , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Concord, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!