VP of Finance
Company: ABBYY Europe GmbH
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Smart jobs for smart technology enthusiasts. USA - Charlotte,
North Carolina - Finance VP of Finance - Flexible Location The VP,
Finance is a senior member of ABBYY's operations team, reporting
directly to our Chief Operations Officer (COO). You'll manage
strategic and tactical projects as they relate to the different
areas of finance within the organization. Your excellent
relationship building skills allow you to maintain strong working
relationships with your direct team and all executive and function
leaders for successful execution of cross-functional initiatives.
You'll regularly meet with ABBYY executive leaders, function heads
and other key stakeholders to deliver critical finance reports and
updates. This is a fantastic opportunity if you thrive in a
collaborative, fast-paced environment and have extensive experience
in finance working for organizations at various growth stages, from
startups to multimillion-dollar revenue.--
- Strategic Development - Use your knowledge of industry finance
best practices and compliance to globally drive the company's
financial plans, policies, account practices and procedures,
reporting requirements, and financial and tax strategies, including
tax compliant transfer pricing, tax and liability mitigation
strategies. Ensure the functions alignment to and attainment of key
strategic and financial goals while maintaining global legal and
- Subject Matter Expert - As the internal expert on all finance
related items, you ensure that the company complies with all
related legal and regulatory requirements and review and provide
guidance on complex financial and tax matters. This includes
ensuring the executive team receives timely and accurate guidance
on all financial, credit covenants, and other obligations for
requirements contained in any and all legal agreements with all
- Function Leader - Provide executive oversight of all financial
operations for all ABBYY subsidiaries. Construct and monitor
reliable internal financial and accounting control systems,
procedures, and compliance across all areas of the role's
- Collaboration & Communication - Deliver monthly and quarterly
financial analysis financial reports and data consolidation and
analysis to key stakeholders. Establish and maintain in-depth
relations with all members of ABBYY's management team
- Financial Information - Monitor cash balances and cash
forecasts, reporting on financial results to ABBYY's management
team and other key stakeholders as needed. Oversee requests for the
issuance of financial information and audit reports.
- Compliance - Ensure all finance operations and record keeping
meet the requirements of internal and external compliance. Manage
relationships with external auditors and government agencies, lead
investigations on their findings, and provide internal
recommendations as needed. Coordinate audits and make sure the
proper filing of tax returns is handled in a timely manner
worldwide. Upon direction from the board of directors and the ABBYY
executive management team, drive acquisition due diligence.--
- Risk Management - Understand, mitigate and advise on key
elements of the company's risks, assets and liability portfolio as
it relates to, but is not limited to, financial, accounting, tax,
revenue recognition and cash management. Report risk and liability
issues to the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Funding - In collaboration with the executive team, support
external fundraising activities with strategic investors,
investment bankers, private equity investors, venture capital
investors, and/or other external sources of funding. Arrange and
manage the commercial, venture or other debt instruments as
required to operate the Group on an ongoing basis.
- People Management - Lead, develop, and grow a global team of
- Travel - Occasional domestic and international travel required
for internal meetings. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 15+ years working in finance, preferably in both startups and
- At least 5 years in a corporate finance leadership role.
- Extensive knowledge of industrial accounting, tax, compliance
and audit processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to explain complex financial data to a mixed audience.
- Fantastic relationship management and collaboration skills,
able to partner with a variety of executive teams and function
- Exceptional analytical skills and business acumen.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills with ability
to manage a globally dispersed team.
- Solid presentation skills with prior experience developing and
presenting financial information to corporate executives, board of
directors, shareholders and external parties.
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions, fundraising and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook,
etc.) or similar software.
- Advanced proficiency in English; fluency in other languages is
a plus. Education
- Master's Degree or equivalent, preferably an MBA.
- Bachelor's degree in finance.
- CPA/ACCA certifications are a strong plus.
Comp and Benefits
- ABBYY offers a competitive compensation package and an exciting
career for motivated and skilled individuals. Benefits include
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance and more. Sorry, we
don't have any positions in this region.
Keywords: ABBYY Europe GmbH, Charlotte , VP of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!