Global Director, IT Audit
Company: JELD-WEN Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminium--windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodelling--of residential
homes and non-residential buildings.--
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives. We
act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation,
deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking
talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to
excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a
collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a
dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression
opportunities. Summary:-- Due to an internal promotion, we have an
exciting opportunity for an experienced audit professional to join
our Corporate Internal Audit team! The Global Director, IT Audit.
The Global Director Information Technology (IT) Internal Audit and
Compliance has responsibility for, executing the IT audit portion
of Internal Audit's annual audit plan, preparing regular updates of
information technology audit activity to the Global Vice President,
and Internal Audit for presentation to the Audit Committee and
management. This role also provides advice and counsel on new
technology, initiatives, and services under development from an
internal controls perspective, assists the Global Vice President,
Internal Audit in the coordination of information technology audit
activities with the independent registered public accountants, and
effectively and efficiently manages and performs IT general
controls and security Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing. In addition, it
will assist the Global Vice President, Internal Audit in conducting
the annual audit risk assessment. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Executing IT audits and integrated audits in accordance with
the annual internal audit plan:
- Planning the audit with JELD-WEN's risk-based methodology
- Developing testing programs
- Performing audit test work
- Supervising other team members
- Developing recommendations for improvements for control
- Preparation of internal audit reports
- In-depth technical knowledge of IT audit practices, IT General
Controls (ITGCs), and SOX.
- Strong subject matter knowledge in critical areas of technology
infrastructure, information security, and technology service
- Develop an understanding of the organization business
processes, goals, and strategy in order to provide sound analysis
and interpretation of IT risks and Technology challenges.
- Be responsible for the examination and analysis of technology
and business risks by performing IT audit work, developing audit
plans, scope, procedures, and preparing audit reports.
- Research industry trends applicable to the environment
including automotive, financial, mobility, technology, cyber and
- Worked with Global VP of Audit to develop risk-based IT audit
- Assist in assessing areas of risk requiring IT audit
- Execute IT audit procedures based on risk and impact to the
business, across different applications, Technologies and Business
processes, and in collaboration with internal and external partners
and monitor completion of planned actions.
- Support departmental transformation with pilots of new
processes and audit responses
- Proactively identify areas of business initiatives and changes
in the business environment and assess their impact on the business
and the control environment
- Partner with global business audit team
- Experience in developing project audit programs and supporting
information technology aspects of corporate audits.
- Lead Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 ITGC and security
testing, application testing, roll forward testing, and remediation
- Coordinate and manage the independent External Auditor with
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (i.e., oral and written)
and presentation skills.
- Perform special projects as directed by Global VP of Internal
- Act as a department liaison to various IT department, business
functions, and committees as determined by Global VP of Internal
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Technology or related
field, or Business Administration with a minor in Computer
Information Technology or Accounting is required, MBA
- Minimum of six years of progressive internal audit and/or
public accounting experience is required, preferably with a Fortune
500 Company clients, or seven to 10 years of IT operations
- Certified Information Technology Auditor (CISA) designation or
other relevant certification is required.
- Experience identifying, documenting, and testing internal
- Ability to think critically, make assessments, and develop
- Working knowledge of the Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing;
- COBIT control framework;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Proficiency with SAP, UNIX OS, Linux OS, Cloud Computing and
security, Windows OS, Wired and Wireless Networking
- Excellent speaking, presentation and written communication
- Good relationship and teaming skills;
- Self-starter and ability to manage time and meet
- Customer Focus : Dedicated to providing the highest quality
products and services which meet or exceed the needs and
requirements of internal and external customers. Understands
customers' expectations and utilizes that knowledge to continuously
improve products and services. Makes decisions and takes action
with end users in mind. Establishes and maintains effective
relationships with internal and external customers and gains their
trust and respect.
- Results Driven : Takes initiative and engages in work
activities that have clearly defined and communicated end results.
Prioritizes work appropriately and ensures that the most important
tasks are completed expediently. Anticipates barriers to progress
and takes appropriate action without waiting for direction. Follows
through to ensure that tasks are completed with a sense of urgency.
Drives self and others for results, and looks for opportunities to
increase effectiveness and reduce costs.
- Communication Skills : Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear
and effective manner through verbal and written communication
skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and interacts
positively with others. Is diplomatic, tactful and professional in
all communication and resolves conflicts in a cooperative manner.
Presents ideas articulately and persuasively in both formal and
- Problem Solving/Decision Making : Uses sound judgment and
common sense to make competent, timely and effective decisions.
Gathers and analyzes relevant information and takes appropriate
action. Uses knowledge and experience to understand issues and
chooses the best course of action. Looks beyond the initial/surface
problems to identify root causes. Takes accountability for
decisions, actions and results.
- Job Knowledge : Understands how businesses work and keeps up
with trends affecting current job and the organization as a whole.
Demonstrates the skills and expertise needed for success and is
thorough, accurate and efficient while performing all job
functions. Learns quickly and analyzes successes and failure to
enhance job performance.
- Relationship Management: Develops effective relationships and
works cooperatively as part of a team. Builds rapport easily and
relates well to all types of people both inside and outside the
organization. Involves others in setting objectives and making
decisions. Willingly shares resources and information with other
team members. Defines success in terms of the whole team and
recognizes the contributions of others. Travel This position will
be based at JELD-WEN Corporate headquarters in Charlotte, NC with
10% percent out of-area and overnight travel expectations. Other
Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. JELD-WEN is an equal opportunity employer,
committed to providing an environment free from all forms of
unlawful discrimination. To ensure the safety and health of our
employees, JELD-WEN maintains a drug-free work environment.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws. Unless explicitly requested or
approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited
resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based
Keywords: JELD-WEN Group, Charlotte , Global Director, IT Audit, Accounting, Auditing , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!